PDA

View Full Version : My 2002 is for sale - again.... Too funny....

lip277
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I usually look at Bring A Trailer every couple of days for fun - and who knows (like that 930 that was up in Vancouver that I was going to look at...)

Well... Today... I was looking and... a familiar picture graced the pages there....

BaT Listing (http://bringatrailer.com/2014/07/08/8k-driver-1973-bmw-2002/)

I have not had time to get into all the writeup - but it seems he used my commentary fairly loosly...

Gotta run now.. but thought you guys and gals would like to see this....

kognito
07-09-2014, 12:37 AM
kinda surprises me that you did not fix the door in all the years you owned it.

So temped to send an e-mail like . . ." too bad this wasn't on the west coast " :lol:

clyde
07-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Nice response on BAT.

blee
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
A friend of mine was madly in love with 2002s at one point. He had a knack for finding them and buying them for as little as $500; once, he even convinced a guy to give him one for free. They're really neat little cars.

JST
07-09-2014, 10:25 AM
A friend of mine was madly in love with 2002s at one point. He had a knack for finding them and buying them for as little as $500; once, he even convinced a guy to give him one for free. They're really neat little cars.

Sounds like our friend Nick, the E30 Whisperer.

lip277
07-09-2014, 03:07 PM
kinda surprises me that you did not fix the door in all the years you owned it.

I know, but...
If I did that, I would have had to fix the sunroof, dented roof, door dings and all the other stuff too.

Still pisses me off (30 years later) how the lady I bought the 02 from hit her own car in her own driveway just a couple of days before I bought it.

Oh well - It is/was a real blast to drive...
But I predict the 911 (or Cayman) I get soon will do nicely too. :lol:

Nice response on BAT.

Thanks....
Also - When I was selling 2 1/2 years back, I actually thought about having them list the car (their "BaT Exclusive" thing....)

I figure that would have helped - but I didn't think they'd want a 'generic' 2002. Would have been interesting...

I am now actually thinking of letting the Coupe go as well.
I find that I enjoy working on cars less as time goes by and more enjoy driving and the Coupe has some significant issues that keep me from driving it like I would want.

Who knows.

kognito
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Hey Kevin,

Don't know if you noticed this, or not. (since you said your goodbye's in the comments of the sale thread at BaT)

But, the guy who purchased your car from the Philly dude, is hoping to hear from you. He linked a website for his 2002Tii

lip277
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah - I went to see about any last follow ups and I saw that this morning. I sent him a note.

thanks