PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2006 330i

SCA
02-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Sparkling Graphite with Black leather, aluminum trim, 6 speed, Sport Package, and Satellite Radio Prep. 12/05 Build, meticulous original owner, second automobile with only 3,8XX miles, never driven in inclement, and always garage kept. The interior and exterior are spotless.

Photos are available upon request.

Email: SmokyMtnEuroSport@comcast.net

SCA
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
The vehicle has had no paint or body work and can be proven with a digital paint gauge.

Theo
02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
You got bored quick!!!!

Mr. The Edge
02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Nice car.

I never understood why people list "or best offer" when putting something up for sale. That is immediately stating that your price is your DREAM price and you don't expect to get it. This has annoyed me for 20+ years.

Best of luck with your sale. I'm off the soapbox.

Melissa
02-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice car.

I never understood why people list "or best offer" when putting something up for sale. That is immediately stating that your price is your DREAM price and you don't expect to get it. This has annoyed me for 20+ years.

Best of luck with your sale. I'm off the soapbox.

I dunno, it tells me that the person is not totally against taking less, therefore gets my interest. If someone says "FIRM" and it's a price I'm not willing to pay, I won't even bother to look, but if they say "OBO", then I will look and in the end, I may even pay the asking price if I really want it.

I sure do like that color.

SCA
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

BTW, I'm not bored with it. I actually love it and I will not be terribly upset if I can not sell it. It truly is a great car.

FC
02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree both with Ryan and Melissa, which is why I think it's best to just list a price.

ff
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Nice car.

If you list a lower price, then less-informed potential buyers will begin subtracting thousands off that number as their starting "bid", rather than going off your dream number. In the end, you might take even less for the car than you originally had expected. It's a psychological thing.

If you're not going to use "OBO", then I would use "FIRM" to tell buyers that you know what you need/want to get out of the car, and aren't going to entertain lowball offers.

FC
02-28-2007, 01:27 PM
If you list a lower price, then less-informed potential buyers will begin subtracting thousands off that number as their starting "bid", rather than going off your dream number. In the end, you might take even less for the car than you originally had expected. It's a psychological thing.

If you're not going to use "OBO", then I would use "FIRM" to tell buyers that you know what you need/want to get out of the car, and aren't going to entertain lowball offers.

When I was selling the 9-2X (at the time for $16,250), I got an email from a guy saying he'd offer me $11K cash in hand.:lol:

Two weeks later I sold the car for the reduced advertised price of $15.9K.

SCA
02-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree both with Ryan and Melissa, which is why I think it's best to just list a price.

:? Huh?

Melissa stated differently than Ryan, did she not? Oh well, doesn't really matter. I think I gottca.

SCA
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I have received one offer and it was totally absurd considering my asking price, mileage, and condition. :mad:

DamnYank!
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
i'll trade you an Integra for it :lol:

seen / ridden in this car, its as perfect as you can get. owner is also SUPER anal about it so you can trust its been well cared for!

Alan
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Beautiful car Sean !!!

Too bad I am looking for an Automatic 330/335 or I would definitely be jumping on your car ... I know what a fanatic you are ... now if only I could find a guy like you selling an automatic ...

SCA
03-19-2007, 12:30 AM
i'll trade you an Integra for it :lol:

seen / ridden in this car, its as perfect as you can get. owner is also SUPER anal about it so you can trust its been well cared for!

Thanks TH!

SCA
03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Beautiful car Sean !!!

Too bad I am looking for an Automatic 330/335 or I would definitely be jumping on your car ... I know what a fanatic you are ... now if only I could find a guy like you selling an automatic ...

Are you sure you do not want a manual trans? :)

SCA
08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Back on the market. Maybe I will be a little more motivated this time around?:dunno:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=227631016

FC
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Good luck!

SCA
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Good luck!

Thanks!

Obviously the price is negotiable. ;)

Jeff_DML
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
now that is a nice price for a lightly used car, good luck. That is some decent depreciation as bono boy mentioned, 10k or so, bummer.

SCA
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Mudgeon Special: $32,500.

jpgurl
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
damn sean. i keep seeing this thread bumped... this would have been in my driveway. you missed me by 5 days. seriously. i leased an '07 on 07/28. good luck to you.

SCA
09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
damn sean. i keep seeing this thread bumped... this would have been in my driveway. you missed me by 5 days. seriously. i leased an '07 on 07/28. good luck to you.

:(

Congrats though! 328 or 335?

Any other takers @ $32,500?

FC
09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I can't believe you are not getting much action. Must be you market area.

SCA
09-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I can't believe you are not getting much action.

Me too.

$32,500 seems fair to me? :dunno:

Jeff_DML
09-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Me too.

$32,500 seems fair to me? :dunno:

more then fair, I would blame bmw:mad:

equ
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I can't believe you are not getting much action. Must be you market area.

No, it's pretty widespread. The market has really slowed for luxury autos, the first person to look at my s4 is coming this weekend, after two weeks of exposure. All of the interest has been non-local.

jpgurl
09-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Congrats though! 328 or 335?

328. that is why this frustrates me up even more. :mad:

SCA
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
No, it's pretty widespread. The market has really slowed for luxury autos, the first person to look at my s4 is coming this weekend, after two weeks of exposure. All of the interest has been non-local.

The 330 has been listed on Autotrader for nearly 4 weeks and I have only received a few inquires, no calls. I have it posted on various forums, along with Craigslist and have had several hits, but all have been low ball e-mail offers. No one has come to view the car yet which is truly the only way anyone will fully understand the condition of the car.

SCA
09-07-2007, 05:10 PM
328. that is why this frustrates me up even more. :mad:

Sorry... :(

Jeff_DML
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
The 330 has been listed on Autotrader for nearly 4 weeks and I have only received a few inquires, no calls. I have it posted on various forums, along with Craigslist and have had several hits, but all have been low ball e-mail offers. No one has come to view the car yet which is truly the only way anyone will fully understand the condition of the car.

last time I sold my car I got pretty much all of my hits and sold it through the local paper, barely got anything from the autotrader. :dunno:

SCA
09-07-2007, 05:41 PM
last time I sold my car I got pretty much all of my hits and sold it through the local paper, barely got anything from the autotrader. :dunno:

Our local paper would be a waste of money.

armaq
09-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Try roadfly. I paid 3 bucks to have the title of the ad in bold and on top of the list. It got more hits than the "featured" ads and the first caller ended up buying it.

clyde
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
No one has come to view the car yet which is truly the only way anyone will fully understand the condition of the car.

I don't really understand this comment. A car that's just barely two model years old with 3,500 miles would have me expecting that it will show as new. The only difference being the numbers on the odometer.

SCA
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't really understand this comment. A car that's just barely two model years old with 3,500 miles would have me expecting that it will show as new. The only difference being the numbers on the odometer.

Apparently the general public does not grasp that concept. :rolleyes:

Sharp11
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Apparently the general public does not grasp that concept. :rolleyes:

Apparently, they do :dunno:

Ed

SCA
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Apparently, they do :dunno:

Ed

The e-mails have I received have proven differently.

TD
09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Actually, when I see a "non-special" car with absurdly low miles (like less than 5K/yr), I wonder what the issue is.

Also, I imagine resale of an E90 330i is difficult now that the 328i is out. For the price you're asking for your 330i, someone could get a NEW 328i. No miles. Not two years old. And only slightly less power. Or else they care about power and want the 335i.

It's a tough spot to be in. I'm not sure what to suggest. But BMW really screwed the 330i buyers by changing the engine line-up after only one model year.

equ
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I disagree.

Can you really get an 328i ZSP for that price? I don't think so. The 330 has a larger engine, xenons & logic7 standard. I would get SCA's car in a heartbeat (given miles/condition/price) over a new 328i. Had SCA showed interest in the s4, we might have had a deal, and I'm not even looking for a bmw.

Guess which car is going to be worth more in 2011, when both are out of warranty? It'll be the 330.

Sharp11
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
I disagree.

Can you really get an 328i ZSP for that price? I don't think so. The 330 has a larger engine, xenons & logic7 standard. I would get SCA's car in a heartbeat (given miles/condition/price) over a new 328i. Had SCA showed interest in the s4, we might have had a deal, and I'm not even looking for a bmw.

Guess which car is going to be worth more in 2011, when both are out of warranty. It'll be the 330.

I agree with your disagreement :lol:

Also, the 330i has a different sport package - 18's instead of 17's.

If you optioned up a new 328i similarly, you'd have the 17's and less power for around 40 grand.

Seems like a no-brainer, a nearly new, more powerful well-equipped car for eight grand less with virtually no miles on her .:dunno:

Ed

JST
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Actually, when I see a "non-special" car with absurdly low miles (like less than 5K/yr), I wonder what the issue is.

Also, I imagine resale of an E90 330i is difficult now that the 328i is out. For the price you're asking for your 330i, someone could get a NEW 328i. No miles. Not two years old. And only slightly less power. Or else they care about power and want the 335i.

It's a tough spot to be in. I'm not sure what to suggest. But BMW really screwed the 330i buyers by changing the engine line-up after only one model year.

I think the 335 is the real problem here--we can talk all day about weight gain and increased cost, etc., but at the end of the day driving a 335 simply erases any desire to have a 330. The engine is just that good. And it doesn't help that BMW was (still is? I haven't looked recently) offering absurdly good lease deals on the 335 sedan. A sub-600/mo lease on a new 335 v. a two year old 330 regardless of condition is a no brainer for me and for many others. The deal on the used 330 would have to be truly spectacular for me to forgo the 335.

Don't get me wrong. The 330 is a very nice car. But the 335 is superlative.

At the same time, I agree with TD that boxing the 330 on the other end with the 328, which offers very similar (though, of course, not identical) specs to the 330 but for less $$, does not help resale values.

TD
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I think the 335 is the real problem here--we can talk all day about weight gain and increased cost, etc., but at the end of the day driving a 335 simply erases any desire to have a 330. The engine is just that good. And it doesn't help that BMW was (still is? I haven't looked recently) offering absurdly good lease deals on the 335 sedan. A sub-600/mo lease on a new 335 v. a two year old 330 regardless of condition is a no brainer for me and for many others. The deal on the used 330 would have to be truly spectacular for me to forgo the 335.

Don't get me wrong. The 330 is a very nice car. But the 335 is superlative.

At the same time, I agree with TD that boxing the 330 on the other end with the 328, which offers very similar (though, of course, not identical) specs to the 330 but for less $$, does not help resale values.
Basically I'm really glad I do not OWN my 330i.

SCA
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Also, the 330i has a different sport package - 18's instead of 17's.

If you optioned up a new 328i similarly, you'd have the 17's and less power for around 40 grand.

Seems like a no-brainer, a nearly new, more powerful well-equipped car for eight grand less with virtually no miles on her .:dunno:

Ed

:+1

I've driven plenty of 328s. Given a choice of a used, excellent condition 330 or a new 328, I would choose the 330.

If a potential buyer is worried about issues (excessive warranty claims) they are able to speak with the local BMW Center Service Dept. There are only three R.O.s in the service folder. The PDI, and two oil/filter changes.

Basically I'm really glad I do not OWN my 330i.

TD
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
:+1

I've driven plenty of 328s. Given a choice of a used, excellent condition 330 or a new 328, I would choose the 330.

If a potential buyer is worried about issues (excessive warranty claims) they are able to speak with the local BMW Center Service Dept. There are only three R.O.s in the service folder. The PDI, and two oil/filter changes.

I don't doubt you. But people have to care enough to ask these questions.

The badge buyer will take the new 328i (with it's full 3 year maintenance contract) over a used 330i (with 1 year or so remaining on it's maintenance contract) any day.

And the performance buyer will suck it up and get a 335i.

The 330i falls into a hole. Even the used E90 325s will have buyers in those looking for the cheapest current-body 3 series they can find.

Sorry. But it's true.

You have to hope to find an enthusiast who is wary of turbos.

wdc330i
09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
You have to hope to find an enthusiast who is wary of turbos.

Very interesting. And probably correct. There may indeed be such a buyer out there, but it will probably take some time to find him/her. It might even be worth an ad in the Roundel and on Roadfly touting the car for just that reason.

I'm frankly wary of owning the turbo 3, although I wouldn't mind leasing one. Choosing one for the long haul, I might actually choose the lower-powered interation as a safer bet. The used e90 330 may have some collector value, but it will take a while for that to shake out. Still, the market for the used turbos may prove even riskier.

Those things considered, I'm sticking with my e46 330 for now. At six years, I'm just closing in on 30,000 miles.

equ
09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
SCA,

I think that is as sensible as Jst & TD are, they do not represent the mainstream. Most 328 buyers, those looking for a 2007 e.g., assume that the 06 330 is equivalent if not better due to std. logic7 and xenons. I know because I have a friend who is a "badge buyer" (so much of one that he is ending up with a used 6er - no offense to 6 owners but c'mon he is coming from a cr-v, you should hear the nasty things he says about 3ers now that he's shopping 6's)... Anyway, back when this guy was looking at 07 328's of course he was motivated for 06 330's.

ff
09-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm frankly wary of owning the turbo 3, although I wouldn't mind leasing one.

That's kind of where I'd be at too. But then again, all I know about turbo reliability is what I heard back in the 90's.

Maybe a bigger concern for me is knowing that I'd have a difficult time driving the 335i responsibly. Seriously. With that much torque available practically right off idle, seems like the line between sensible and stupid is crossed every time you dip into the gas pedal. At least with the high-revving Honda 4 cylinders, driving that way requires "intent".

wdc330i
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe a bigger concern for me is knowing that I'd have a difficult time driving the 335i responsibly. Seriously. With that much torque available practically right off idle, seems like the line between sensible and stupid is crossed every time you dip into the gas pedal. At least with the high-revving Honda 4 cylinders, driving that way requires "intent".

True. All the cameras around here are taking the fun out of speeding.

FC
09-11-2007, 09:45 AM
The badge buyer will take the new 328i (with it's full 3 year maintenance contract) over a used 330i (with 1 year or so remaining on it's maintenance contract) any day.

Did they just change the maintenance program? I thought I just saw a commercial that still shows 4y/50K.:dunno:

SCA
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Did they just change the maintenance program? I thought I just saw a commercial that still shows 4y/50K.:dunno:

You are correct. ;) 4yr/50k

TD
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Brain fart. My bad.

I have a 3 yr lease. So that must have impacted my recall.

jpgurl
09-11-2007, 01:57 PM

or a person that can't be without an alternative source (loaner) of transportation while it's in the shop. being single has bumped this up in my priority list.

SCA
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Fresh Wax, Zaino AIO.

FC
09-13-2007, 04:26 PM
[captain obvious]Looks Great![/captain obvious]

I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but why don't you just keep it?:dunno:

rumatt
09-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I agree with those who said the following:

- 328/335 factor

- 2 year vs 4 year warranty

It's a great deal for someone really wants a 330. But given the choices that are available new, those people are rare. IMO you need to find a very special buyer, or lower the price.

Basically, you got hosed. But not any worse than those of us with E46's. Our cars values have tanked as well. It's a great time to buy a used E46.

SCA
09-13-2007, 04:39 PM
[captain obvious]Looks Great![/captain obvious]

I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but why don't you just keep it?:dunno:

I do not need it as I am driving a '97 4-Runner everyday.:ack: I rather have the cash and the garage space.

I agree with those who said the following:

- 328/335 factor

- 2 year vs 4 year warranty

It's a great deal for someone really wants a 330. But given the choices that are available new, those people are rare. IMO you need to find a very special buyer, or lower the price.

Basically, you got hosed. But not any worse than those of us with E46's. Our cars values have tanked as well. It's a great time to buy a used E46.

I wouldn't mind a 335i either, but it is quite a bit more money than my car (new vs. used). Personally, I would rather have my car than a new 328i. Plus by the time you add all the options that are std on a 330 onto a 328 and then add SP and leather it will cost quite a bit more than my 330. There are 27 months left on the warranty and BMW maintenance on my 330i. As previously mentioned, if a potential buyer suspected that there is something wrong (aka, lemon) with it all they have to do is check how many warranty claims have been filed. A simple vehicle inquiry in DCS will show that there is nothing abnormal.

FC
09-13-2007, 09:48 PM

Really? I have not checked recently. Depending on how little my 330i is worth this time next year, I may just keep it indefinitely as a 3rd car, though it's unlikely.

How much do you think my ZHP will be worth in a year (figure 56K miles on a 5 y.o. car), 16-18k?:dunno:

ff
09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
How much do you think my ZHP will be worth in a year (figure 56K miles on a 5 y.o. car), 16-18k?:dunno:

I'll write a check out for $16K right now. :)

FC
09-14-2007, 09:14 AM

Cool! You come pick up the car next Labor Day.:lol:

dan
09-14-2007, 09:16 AM
As previously mentioned, if a potential buyer suspected that there is something wrong (aka, lemon) with it all they have to do is check how many warranty claims have been filed. A simple vehicle inquiry in DCS will show that there is nothing abnormal.
I heard BMW isn't allowing this info to be released to 3rd parties these days

dan
09-14-2007, 09:17 AM

go ahead and make it $15,000 to mbr and $1000 to me

JST
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM

It's not just BMW--every dealer that I have talked to recently has taken the position that changes in federal privacy law prevent them from making available service records on used cars. I have no idea what changes they are talking about (one of them said it was the PATRIOT Act :wtf:).

No matter what changes there may have been (if any), it's BS, it seems to me, at least insofar as it would be relatively easy to redact any personal information from the service records (seriously, how hard is it to put a piece of paper over the address and name field and hit "copy"?). But it does give "CPO" programs another selling point. :ack:

ff
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Cool! You come pick up the car next Labor Day.:lol:

:lol: :D

SCA
09-14-2007, 11:57 AM

That appears to be correct, but I can get the info if and when it is needed. ;)

DamnYank!
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
WOW! looks great. i mean, like its only got 3 or 4 thousand miles on it! oh... wait... ;)

SCA
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
WOW! looks great. i mean, like its only got 3 or 4 thousand miles on it! oh... wait... ;)

Yup, hence this photo.