PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 - Museum Condition!

equ
05-27-2014, 04:38 PM
2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800

Always garaged and almost never in the rain, the bike is in museum/show condition. Black with tangerine stripe looks amazing. It has around 3300 miles. Synthetic oil was changed every year by previous fanatical owner (who sometimes kept the bike in his living room just to look at it!).

Mods:
- Custom seat lowered 1" with 2-tone black/silver carbon fiber fabric.
- Stainless steel midpipes (no udder/cat).
- 14T sprocket.
- Tail chop kit/ license plate relocator.

Open top air box. Original filter. Never altered the electronics. Stock mufflers (built by Termi, I might add) sound sweet.

New fuel tank installed at Ducati Manhattan at the end of last year (just as the settlement period ended).

New Yuasa battery installed Spring 2014.

The bike looks and rides absolutely NEW!

Comes with all OEM parts: Black / Tangerine windshield, rear tail components, udder, EPA filter. Tires are in great shape.

Located in North NJ just outside NYC. PM me to contact. I'm really quite sad to have to sell it, but I need the space and it is not being ridden enough.

SOLD..

equ
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Delivered it to next owner a couple of nights ago. Even the across-NYC ride (40 miles of it on a cool summer evening) was special... Fortunately there is another Ducati taking its place, these bikes have gotten under my skin. Nothing quite rides/sounds/feels like them.

If I had a second home with its own garage/storage somewhere though, I doubt I'd sell this. Prettiest bike ever. It also sold for my purchase price + my maintenance/parts costs. So it only cost me sales tax and registration to own for a year and 750 miles.

Josh (PA)
06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Bummer, that was a pretty bike. I was wondering what will fill the garage space. When is the new Ducati arriving?

John V
06-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Bikes are great. I've had great success with buying, driving for a few years and selling for almost no net monetary outlay.

blee
06-06-2014, 01:21 PM
This thread reminds me...I really should get myself a bike. One of these days...

Rob
06-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I miss having a bike some days, but no way am I riding one in Vegas. Talk about death wish . . .

John V
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
The drivers there can't be worse than they are in Maryland or Virginia. Or.. (shudder) DC.

I don't commute on mine very often anymore, and when I do I take the lightly traveled roads v. the interstates.

equ
06-07-2014, 12:55 AM
This:

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p722/mattf02/20140416_153516_zps86199481.jpg

Multistrada 1100S, Ohlins Suspension, last of the air-cooled Multis... I was attaining unprintable velocities within minutes of purchase. :eeps: Still wondering if I should have held out for a red one, but it is definitely a good bike for me. Seat is very tall, I'm not flat-footing, even with my 33.5" inseam.

John V
06-07-2014, 11:21 AM
What does one use a bike like that for? Does it go off road?

equ
06-07-2014, 01:07 PM
It's awesome on road, bumpy or smooth. Great on highway, country twisties and even NYC. It might do very light off road but I never plan to. Unlike cars, height does not necessarily hurt handling.

Sent from my Galaxy

Rob
06-08-2014, 02:39 AM
The drivers there can't be worse than they are in Maryland or Virginia. Or.. (shudder) DC.

I don't commute on mine very often anymore, and when I do I take the lightly traveled roads v. the interstates.

The problem is that we have bad drivers from everywhere and they all have different bad habits. And running red lights is a valley wide sport since the lights are ridiculously long. Tons of the really bad driving decisions come from people not knowing where they are going - we can double our population on any given day. Worse than other places? I don't really know, but I do know the number of fatal motorcycle accidents here is way higher than what I was aware of in L.A. Of course, there is no helmet law, so that might contribute.

John V
06-08-2014, 06:56 AM
It's awesome on road, bumpy or smooth. Great on highway, country twisties and even NYC. It might do very light off road but I never plan to. Unlike cars, height does not necessarily hurt handling.

Sent from my Galaxy

Got it. I see a lot of these types of bikes in the motorcycle mags and blogs but I've never sampled one. Enjoy!