PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CD Changer (from an E39)

Mr. The Edge
01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I have an Alpine CD changer that came from a 2000 E39 528i. If any 'Mudgeon is in need of it, I would rather give it to them for free instead of going the eBay sale route (considering if it even works). I am told it works perfectly.

If no interest here, I will put it on the 'Fest, where I am sure it will be snapped up within a couple of minutes.

Pics:

rumatt
01-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Does Mrs. Andy still drive an E39?

TD
01-07-2007, 11:37 AM
FYI, I believe the E38, E38, E36 and E46 all use the same bus. So this changer would work on any of those models.

lip277
01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
FYI - My '95 E38 uses a Pioneer unit.
Don't know when they changed to the Alpine for the E38....

I've loaded CD's in my Mom's '01 E38 and I don't recall what style it was (mine or this one...)

Are they interchangeable? My car was built before NAV was an option. I have the 'dreaded' DSP controller next to the tape under the wood 'cover' above the computer/controller.

(If so - the unit in my car could use replacement.. it skips on rough roads...)

rumatt
01-07-2007, 12:35 PM
FYI, I believe the E38, E38, E36 and E46 all use the same bus. So this changer would work on any of those models.

Hmm. I've already got a phatbox using the trunk connection. Otherwise, I'd certainly add a changer.

Mr. The Edge
01-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Bump....if no interest, I will put it on eBay over the weekend. I am not going to list it on the 'Fest.

Free to any 'Mudgeon.

rumatt
01-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I am not going to list it on the 'Fest.

OK, I'll bite. Why's that? I thought you still have a decent relationship over there.

PS

I still think you're Ed every time you post. :willy:

Mr. The Edge
01-20-2007, 08:50 AM
OK, I'll bite. Why's that? I thought you still have a decent relationship over there.

PS

I still think you're Ed every time you post. :willy:

I have a great relationship and many friends over there, including Jon. It's just that it is so big there that it would be snapped up quickly by some anonymous Joe, not that there is anything wrong with that. I would like to see somebody I quasi know get some use out of it.

On second thought, who know if it even works, so eBay might not be the best idea. Bahh, off to the 'Fest it goes.

mark07
01-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey, if you still have it, I'd be interested if it really did fit in the E36. My changer is horrible with playing CD-Rs (probably because it's 11 years old.)

JST
01-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey, if you still have it, I'd be interested if it really did fit in the E36. My changer is horrible with playing CD-Rs (probably because it's 11 years old.)

It should fit an E36 without any issues; it looks physically the same as the Alpine I used in my E36 and two E46s. FWIW, that Alpine was identical to the OEM changer I had in my E36 (which was also made by Alpine), except for the connector.

The connector on this unit looks like the standard Alpine connector. I think you need an adaptor (from Blitzsafe or similar) to plug it into the BMW changer port. Ryan, did you have something like that?

Mr. The Edge
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
It wasn't in any car that I have owned, and I don't have adapters for it. I am told it works just fine, but I can't vouch for that.

Mark, it's yours. PM me an address and I will have it shipped out to you.

TD
01-21-2007, 09:04 AM
It should fit an E36 without any issues; it looks physically the same as the Alpine I used in my E36 and two E46s. FWIW, that Alpine was identical to the OEM changer I had in my E36 (which was also made by Alpine), except for the connector.

The connector on this unit looks like the standard Alpine connector. I think you need an adaptor (from Blitzsafe or similar) to plug it into the BMW changer port. Ryan, did you have something like that?

Personally, I put the OE changer that came in my E36 (I sold the car with an aftermarket Alpine in place so as to work with the XM adapter) into my dad's E39. No problem.

BahnBaum
01-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Mark, it's yours. PM me an address and I will have it shipped out to you.

Ryan, this is very generous of you. Thanks!

Alex

BahnBaum
01-24-2007, 07:52 PM
So Mark tells me you claim to not have an email address. :toetap:

Alex

Mr. The Edge
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Alex, I told Mark that I would feel really bad if the Alpine doesn't work, and he paid for shipping on it. It was only $14 to have it packed and shipped, so it isn't exactly like I was "put out."

If it does work and he is happy, then we can readdress it if it really means that much to you. However, if it doesn't work, I would think his time for attempting to install is worth more than my cash outlay. So there, we're even. :D

rumatt
01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
This smells like another one of those internet scams to me.

:eeps:

Plaz
01-25-2007, 03:14 PM
So Mark tells me you claim to not have an email address. :toetap:

Alex

:lol: :lol: :lol: