PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2006 lexus IS250

ff
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250069004791&rd=1&rd=1

In case you know of anyone interested in bidding. Book value is about $30,600, and I'll be adding a "buy it now" price of about $29,500, as soon as I can get my ID verified.

equ
01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Very nice car, good luck!

One tip, if I may, without hurting your chances. :eeps: If you have the camera for it (i.e. fast lens with smooth high iso, likely slr with a steady hand, take interior pics with no flash, the leather/plastic will look less shiny and more sumptuous. You can even underexpose 1/2 stop)

ff
01-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the interior pics turned out poorly. And they all became a lot less clear when I batch-resized them with M$ Photodraw.

When the sun comes out again, I'm going to redo them, and I'll implement your suggestions. Thanks man!

operknockity
01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
And they all became a lot less clear when I batch-resized them with M$ Photodraw.
If you are going to resize the pictures, they'll lose detail no matter what when you shrink them, and get "blocky" when you enlarge them. The might also develop funny artifacts depending on what algorithm is used to do the resizing, as the pixels get merged/stretched.

In any case, I've always used IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) instead of M$ software for quick image viewing/resizing. It will let you select the algorithm used for various levels of quality. And, it's free!

ff
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
The first hint that the image quality would be less than great, was when I scaled the images down by 50%, and the file sizes each shrunk from > 1 MB, to 30K.

operknockity
01-01-2007, 11:27 PM
The first hint that the image quality would be less than great, was when I scaled the images down by 50%, and the file sizes each shrunk from > 1 MB, to 30K.
Reminds me of that old story:

Man with broken arm: Doctor! I broke my arm in 3 places.

Doctor: Don't go back to those places :(

But I digress. And we've hijacked your thread enough already :eeps:

ff
01-02-2007, 10:35 AM
"Buy it now" - $28,900.

Alan
01-22-2007, 04:15 PM
"Buy it now" - $28,900.

ff ... I've sold a lot of cars on ebay, like ecu said, you really need to put better quaility pics. You have a pretty hard to find car (being its a manual) there are buyers out there looking for that since local dealers don't have them plus it also makes for one heck of a good selling point.

I would suggest, drop the buy it now option, put more pics and give more of a description of the car as well as why your selling.

Buy it now kind of kills the whole auction feeling, when your car is at $20k, it makes the buyer feel he is getting a deal, then as he watches the auction, he gets more into the car and decides to up the bid ... Buy it now hurts the 'auction' feel.

Also I don't know what you started the bidding at but keep it low (like $1,000) this way as the price goes up you will have more bids which makes the car seem more desirable ...

ff
01-23-2007, 08:19 AM
I appreciate the advice, Alan. Thank you. The car is gone now, though. :) I've been so busy lately, I didn't think to come back and update this thread. Sorry about that.

equ
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm curious, ff. How did you sell it? Forums, autotrader? Was the buyer very specifically minded, looking for a MT IS?

ff
01-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm curious, ff. How did you sell it? Forums, autotrader? Was the buyer very specifically minded, looking for a MT IS?

I listed it on eBay, but it never reached my reserve. So I just traded it in. With the tax savings included, I ended up getting $28,500 for it, which is just $2600 less than the original sticker. I can't expect much better than that.

ZBB
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I listed it on eBay, but it never reached my reserve. So I just traded it in. With the tax savings included, I ended up getting $28,500 for it, which is just $2600 less than the original sticker. I can't expect much better than that.

Not bad...