11-30-2006, 11:00 AM
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/1-acura-advanced-sedan-concept.jpg

Are they kidding?

dan
11-30-2006, 11:36 AM
http://www.jellybabys.co.uk/images/cars_movie.JPG

Nick M3
11-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Wow, the deformed penis is getting pretty popular.

Sharp11
11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
I'll play devil's advocate and just say that as a design exercise, perhaps the intent was just to go nuts - "outside the box" to use a well worn phrase.

Maybe some small part of that makes it into production (although what I can't imagine).

Still, with so much blandness amid the Acura/Honda universe, they need to do something.

Ed

JST
11-30-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll play devil's advocate and just say that as a design exercise, perhaps the intent was just to go nuts - "outside the box" to use a well worn phrase.

Maybe some small part of that makes it into production (although what I can't imagine).

Still, with so much blandness amid the Acura/Honda universe, they need to do something.

Ed

As a design exercise, it at least questions some of the conventions of automotive styling. Of course, some of those conventions are there for a reason--having the grill higher than the headlights rarely if ever looks good, I think in large part because that isn't the way the human face is arranged. And that grill shape is shockingly awful.

Nevertheless, I have to say that I like the overall proportions, and some of the surface detailing is nicely executed. Clean up the details and put on a normal grille and it'd be an interesting car.

bren
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Looks like Acura's interpretation of the RX8.

ZBB
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Of course, some of those conventions are there for a reason--having the grill higher than the headlights rarely if ever looks good, I think in large part because that isn't the way the human face is arranged. And that grill shape is shockingly awful.

Let alone the minimum headlight hight requirements :dunno:

SCA
11-30-2006, 12:34 PM
That is just stupid. :rolleyes: Waste of money.

clyde
11-30-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm trying to figure out what's "new" about it :dunno:

lupinsea
11-30-2006, 12:48 PM
That looks like it'd be an expensive bumper to replace. . .if anything were to happen. :eeps:

lemming
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
the new redone MDX which is on the roads now already looks like this.

i like it because it makes the FX looks reasonable. ;)

SteveM
11-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like Acura's interpretation of the RX8.

It looks to me like Cadillac's interpretation of the RX-8.

operknockity
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
That looks like it'd be an expensive bumper to replace. . .if anything were to happen. :eeps:
I wouldn't worry too much about that..... It'll probably have a glued aluminum space frame, which once crumpled would be almost impossible to repair at any reasonable price point :eek:

IndyMike
11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually it has some practicality for folks in the snowbelt. You can tape up the front grill and use it as a snowplow. They won't be able to keep them on the lot in places like Buffalo.

operknockity
11-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Actually it has some practicality for folks in the snowbelt. You can tape up the front grill and use it as a snowplow. They won't be able to keep them on the lot in places like Buffalo.
Somebody needs to p-shop that front end on to a locomotive engine as a cow-catcher :lol: :lol: