PDA

View Full Version : SCTS Racing - Update Status for near end of season

scottn2retro
10-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi All -

Well, with 2 more events to go (PIR, Buttonwillow) on our schedule, Ralph has a pretty good lead (about 50 points) over Adam Hafford for the e46 M3 BMW NA Challenge Trophy. And it looks like it's going to go down to the wire for the HP national championship between Ralph and JP Devore out of Tuscon.

That's following a pretty amazing string of the schedule which had us at race tracks 4 of the last 6 weekends (Thunderhill races, Sear's Point races, testing at Cal Speedway and finally Laguna Seca races) putting lots of miles on the trailer (we blown 3 trailer tires in that span of time). The craziest weekend being the one at Sear's Point where we detected the clutch slipping, thought it may be the clutch, did a clutch change at the track on Sat. to recover and get the win and track record on Sunday - only to find out that the problem wasn't the clutch after all :mad: Made it through Laguna Seca with the SMG still acting up, but the car fast enough to win and another track record (thanks Nitto tires).

So heading into the last 2 races, we still do not have the SMG anomaly solved. The Dinan muffler ripped apart, but we've got a line on a 2nd hand UUC cat-back system we'll throw on there (and fix the left halfshaft boot while we're at it). At Laguna Seca, Ralph also broke the Sparco seat riser, so I'm fabbing new seat rails. But we should be ready to race at PIR and try to nurse the car through another weekend.

Oh, Nick, the OEM tranny braces tend to break - you can get aftermarket or have a plate gussetted across the bottom.

Nick M3
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
You guys scraping? ;) I discovered that I *am* making some underbody contact post VIR.

I'll tell Hafford to get his ass in gear. Funnily enough, I was under his car at Summit lookign at the muffler. He needs my AA - nothing like somethign HEAVIER than stock for ballast where you need it. :)

lemming
10-05-2006, 06:54 PM
kewl.

good update, s. best of luck moving forward!

scottn2retro
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
You guys scraping? ;) I discovered that I *am* making some underbody contact post VIR.

I'll tell Hafford to get his ass in gear. Funnily enough, I was under his car at Summit lookign at the muffler. He needs my AA - nothing like somethign HEAVIER than stock for ballast where you need it. :)

Until Scott Lang found a clean line through the last turn at Thunderhill, he bottomed out real good he said on one lap.

The muffler developed a crack in the top of the case at some point and just vibrated to a tear that went to seam on the end. We could repair it, but heck with it . . .

I am seeing the paint on the bottom of the splitter plate getting worn off :D

scottn2retro
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM

If you know Hafford, Ralph and I would like to contact him.