PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2002 BMW R1150R w/ABS

Optimus Prime
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
This is a little rough, but I need to put the "mini Gold-Wing" up for sale. We just found out that both of our puppies have dysplastic hips and if untreated there is serious potential for them to have significant arthritic pain throughout their lives. Luckily, there is a very successful surgery that can be done before they are a year old that can fix their hips. The only problem is that it is $$$. If you would have told me a year ago that I'd be doing this, I would have said you were nuts. However, I've grown very fond of the boys and I can't deal with the thought of not doing everything possible to give them a long and happy life. I don't want to take out a loan to pay for a vet bill, and the motorcycle seems the obvious asset to liquefy. So enough of the sob story:

2002 BMW R1150R w/ABS
18,xxx miles (it has 17,xxx now but I am riding to Cleveland this weekend which should add around 1,000)
Aeroflow tall touring shield
Aeroflow Tank Wings
Sargent seats (rider and pillion)
Bead rider
Stealth backrest (not mounted when topcase is mounted)
Givi rear rack with 46L Givi knock off topcase (Custom Two stage brake light is wired, but the wiring isn't pretty. It's on my list of things to do :icon_redface: )
Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn mounted by Excel Cycle and Machine Werkes with their mounting kit
PIAA P-1000XT driving lights mounted on Excel Cycle and Machine Werkes header bolt mounts
Battery Tender Jr.
GS handguards with custom, removable spoilers
K1200GT mirrors
Silverstar headlight
Kisan Headlight modulator
CAT o-ring throttle lock
Wrist rest
ODYSSEY Drycell battery (installed this winter)
Two accessory plugs
Full size left and right cases (with silencer removed)
Left side case for use with silencer
Oil Temp gage
two accesory sockets
Gerbings outlet hardwired to battery
Magnetic Tankbag
Michelin Pilot Road tires mounted at 15,500 miles
Small Blue duffel that works as a great backrest for 1-up touring

All maintenance has been done by Tom at Excel Cycle and Machine Werkes. Full Synthetic once broken in. It's not the cleanest bike in the world as I ride much more often than I wash, and it has a few cosmetic blemishes. One under the taillight where I had tried to mount a custom support for a previous topcase. The bags have shoe scuffmarks and red/white reflective tape could have been applied a little neater. I really didn't intend to sell this so I don't have a ton of pics, but I can take some upon request. I'd like to sell the bike and all accessories together. As setup now, this is what I consider the perfect road touring bike. At 6'1" and a 34" inseam I have no helmet buffeting, ever. In the summer months I ride with my visor open without any problems. The cases can hold a lot and the extra rear light and reflective tape adds to rear visibility. It also has a shorter wheelbase and less plastic so it can be really hustled through the curves. Of course there aren't many curvy roads in my neck of the woods, but when I find them I give them hell.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm asking $8,000 for the whole setup. (The bike was originally $12,000 and the accesories are around $4,000)

Optimus Prime
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Holy crap, those pictures aren't resizing for me. Is everyone having this problem? If so, what did I do wrong?

Sorry,

clyde
05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Holy crap, those pictures aren't resizing for me. Is everyone having this problem? If so, what did I do wrong?

Sorry,
the photos are big and you included them as images, not as links. I changed them to attachments, so the thumbnails are at the bottom...click and get the big pics.

blee
05-25-2006, 12:43 PM
What a pretty bike. :(

Optimus Prime
05-29-2006, 10:50 PM
More pics here (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?p=107375#post107375)