PDA

View Full Version : rwg's CTS-V in Sports Car magazine

rumatt
05-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Anyone else see the picture of rwg's car on page 18 of sports car? It shows the CTS-V, Youngers BMW E39 M5, and an MB 500SL and has the following caption:

Bob Tunnell noticed something at the San Diego round of the Solo National Tour, and sent us this photo. In a class traditionally thought of as the pony car class, the kingdom of Camaros and Mustings, was a BMW M5, Cadillac CTS-V, and a Mercedes-Benz 500SL. Kevin Youngers won the class in the M5, perhaps setting a new tone for F Stock

So is an E39 M5 the car to have in FS?

JST
05-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone else see the picture of rwg's car on page 18 of sports car? It shows the CTS-V, Youngers BMW E39 M5, and an MB 500SL and has the following caption:

So is an E39 M5 the car to have in FS?

Hey, that's a good excuse to buy one.

John V
05-11-2006, 06:26 PM
People who have been around the block in F Stock say no. If a properly set-up, ~3200lb third gen F-body with a 350 / auto shows up and isn't driven by a complete twit, it should win.

I would really really like to try a CTS-V again, but with a big bar, a decent set of shocks and a more appropriate alignment.

clyde
05-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Anyone else see the picture of rwg's car on page 18 of sports car?

More importantly, that's a picture of me on page 18 of Sports Car. :ack:

And you can see (but not read) the Team WTF?! magnet. :irate:

bren
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey, that's a good excuse to buy one.
I'll go ahead and volunteer to co-drive it. :D

JST
05-11-2006, 09:32 PM
People who have been around the block in F Stock say no. If a properly set-up, ~3200lb third gen F-body with a 350 / auto shows up and isn't driven by a complete twit, it should win.

I would really really like to try a CTS-V again, but with a big bar, a decent set of shocks and a more appropriate alignment.

What are the odds that someone who owns an F-body isn't a complete twit?

rumatt
05-11-2006, 09:34 PM
What are the odds that someone who owns an F-body isn't a complete twit?

:lol:

John V
05-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Man, I just re-watched the video from that event.

I really want to try the CTS-V again, with a big-ass sway bar up front, more time spent on the alignment rack and ideally, better shocks. :(

Rob
05-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Scan, please. :)

The V might have a sway bar and/or shocks by next years event (probably not), but it will also have the short shift kit that is already installed. We could also do better with the tires I am sure. :)

My mod intentions have shifted since Hannah was born though. I might change the exhaust soon, but then again . . . I might not. The other stuff I will probably save until I start getting tired of the car.

lemming
05-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Scan, please. :)

The V might have a sway bar and/or shocks by next years event (probably not), but it will also have the short shift kit that is already installed. We could also do better with the tires I am sure. :)

My mod intentions have shifted since Hannah was born though. I might change the exhaust soon, but then again . . . I might not. The other stuff I will probably save until I start getting tired of the car.

hard to tire of the car, though, huh?

;)

Rob
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
So far, I have not tired of it in the slightest.

lemming
05-21-2006, 08:02 PM
So far, I have not tired of it in the slightest.

did you need to have your diff looked at yet? i forgot if you did.

Rob
05-22-2006, 05:48 AM
Not yet. There is a whining at some speeds that may or may not be the dif. But I have felt nothing yet at 19000 miles. the paint just started coming off the stereo buttons though. *sigh*

lemming
05-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Not yet. There is a whining at some speeds that may or may not be the dif. But I have felt nothing yet at 19000 miles. the paint just started coming off the stereo buttons though. *sigh*

oh. cool.

i thought you had gone through one already.

i can hear some humming at certain speeds off-throttle and i think it's my differential. but it could also be tire hum. those are still pretty wide tires. (14k miles).