PDA

View Full Version : E46 steering wheel buttons- odd thing?

Masskrug
12-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

I have just over 16K miles on a 2002 car.

For the first time today, when attempting to turn up the radio volume on the wheel, it swapped radio stations instead. Only happened a couple of times, unable to reproduce it now.

Was I:
1) crazy
2) careless and pushed the wrong button? ( I am somewhat sleep deprived these days)
3) hungover? (funny, I don't remember drinking yesterday...)
4) correct, and the wheel is going nutso on me

If anyone else has had this happen, let me know please.

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-15-2003, 05:29 PM
I think you had a hungover and carelessly pushed the wrong button. Then you thought that you were crazy. And by posting here, Mr Paddle.Shift tells you that you're not crazy, and that you're correct. There is indeed a TIS for this.

Send me an email and I will forward you the necessary info. :D

bren
12-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Mine has done this one time in the year and a half that I've had it...my Jeep also has steering wheel controls and every once in a while it will change the station when I hit the volume button.

Rob
12-15-2003, 09:40 PM
I think you missed an option. 5) The car did it on purpose and is trying to tell me something.

The simple fact of the matter is that the car is a 2002 model year and only has 16k miles on it. The car feels neglected. It is showing you, but acting out in a small way, the it wants to go faster, harder, more often. If you continue to neglect your car, it's behavior will progress - say dropping pieces of trim or perhaps blowing a seal (I mean, they aren't getting very lubricated now, are they?).

If you keep it up for too long, your car is likely to drive into a tree, causing just enough damage for you to become uncomfortable with its safety and sell it. The car, you see, hopes to find a more active owner after repair.

So the fix is easy. Drive more.

:smile:

SteveM
12-16-2003, 03:04 PM
I think you missed an option. 5) The car did it on purpose and is trying to tell me something.

The simple fact of the matter is that the car is a 2002 model year and only has 16k miles on it. The car feels neglected. It is showing you, but acting out in a small way, the it wants to go faster, harder, more often. If you continue to neglect your car, it's behavior will progress - say dropping pieces of trim or perhaps blowing a seal (I mean, they aren't getting very lubricated now, are they?).

If you keep it up for too long, your car is likely to drive into a tree, causing just enough damage for you to become uncomfortable with its safety and sell it. The car, you see, hopes to find a more active owner after repair.

So the fix is easy. Drive more.

:smile:

Man, I wish wives were like this - (especially the faster harder more often part!)

:angel:

No, my radio buttons have never done this.

Masskrug
12-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Muchas gracias to Vince for the help! :worship :worship :worship