PDA

View Full Version : Live For Speed: autocross simulator

rumatt
03-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Based on the recommendation of a local autocrosser, I bought this game Live For Speed (http://www.liveforspeed.net/) for the PC for $45. I also bought one of those retarded gaming wheels for ~$25 off ebay.

The game has an autocross simulator, and I have to say it's pretty realistic. When I play the game, I make all the same mistakes that I make when I drive a real autocross.

Will it really improve your autocross skills? I'm thinking that it actually might. And if you're one of those people who twiddles your thumbs all week waiting for the next autocross... it gives you something to do, and it can't hurt.

For < $100 for everything, it's definitely worth it.

ZBB
03-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Cool...

Does anyone know if the Logitech wheels for the PS2s will work on a PC?

If so, it might be fun for a bunch of us to go online with this...

bren
03-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Of course you are making the same mistakes....it's impossible to look ahead in a video game.

clyde
03-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Cool...

Does anyone know if the Logitech wheels for the PS2s will work on a PC?

If so, it might be fun for a bunch of us to go online with this...
It might...I used an old Logitech FF wheel that I bought for my PC in 1999 or 2000 with my PS2 for GT4...until the FF part died.

rumatt
03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Of course you are making the same mistakes....it's impossible to look ahead in a video game.

Yeah, certain kinds of look ahead are pretty much impossible... like looking 90 degrees to the right. But others you can do OK.

But there's still a decent amount of stuff you can do. Experimenting with different lines, etc.

And its also more difficult to judge speed in the game than in real life, but you figure it out eventually.