PDA

View Full Version : Roundel question/favor

SARAFIL
12-13-2003, 06:43 PM
I've got a silly request to make of someone here....

I'm not a CCA member ( :shock: ), so I don't get Roundel. However, one of my co-workers mentioned to me today that he had a customer of his call him this morning and he left him a message telling him that he was mentioned in a letter in this month's issue. If it's not too much to ask for, could someone here quickly browse the letters in this month's issue and see if there is anything in there? My curiosity has the better part of me, and I can't wait until next week for someone to send him a copy of the magazine to read. I want to see what he did to merit that mention (good or bad).

His name is Rick Dumont, our dealer is Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI. I'd be very greatful if someone could help me out (and bonus points if you can scan the page! :cool: )

Thanks guys...

dan
12-13-2003, 07:23 PM
http://members.roadfly.org/atyclb/roundel.jpg

SARAFIL
12-13-2003, 08:02 PM
http://members.roadfly.org/atyclb/roundel.jpg

Thanks!! I appreciate it.

And slighly off topic--- how could he trade this:
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2003/12/9/145/545/675933256.145545972.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

For a non-sport 540iAT?

Well, the M3 was an automatic too... :twisted:

lemming
12-13-2003, 08:12 PM
maybe he got an alternative sports car.

:-)

SARAFIL
12-13-2003, 08:26 PM

"Alternative" sports car? That would imply he had one to begin with. I don't classify an auto-tranny E36 M3 convertible as a sports car. :twisted: More of a "flashy touring vehicle", ideal for :cool: .

The car is no fun to drive. I've driven it. No excitement at all.

lemming
12-13-2003, 08:30 PM

"Alternative" sports car? That would imply he had one to begin with. I don't classify an auto-tranny E36 M3 convertible as a sports car. :twisted: More of a "flashy touring vehicle", ideal for :cool: .

The car is no fun to drive. I've driven it. No excitement at all.

no, what i meant was maybe he's lining up a sports car from another marque for his cruising or blingmobile and that wagon is just for commuting.

SARAFIL
12-13-2003, 08:34 PM
no, what i meant was maybe he's lining up a sports car from another marque for his cruising or blingmobile and that wagon is just for commuting.

I know what you mean... I was just wondering what all the "enthusiasts" here would think about a self-proclaimed member of the club driving an automatic M3 convertible.

Considering the way he views the prospects for BMW's future, I'm sure he has something else lined up.

Roadstergal
12-13-2003, 09:18 PM

Arrrrrgh!

Why did that do that? :(

SARAFIL
12-13-2003, 09:29 PM

Arrrrrgh!

Why did that do that? :(

Otherwise, it's a gem. 1999 with 19,700 miles. Silver/Grey Leather, etc. But, I cringe whenever I look in the car and see that automatic. :roll: