PDA

View Full Version : Status 160

TD
02-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Since the M3 is sold (even though I still have it), I haven't been driving it. I've been splitting my time between our other two cars and hating it. No matter what the car is, I really like having a car that is MINE. Not ours, but MINE. And right now, I don't really have one.

So I have sort of started to obsess about the status of my new car. My salesman called me this morning to tell me that it's built - status 160. Now it just needs to make the trip.

(BTW, so much for "estimated compeltion date - March 3rd".)

Mr. The Edge
02-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Did you get what you wanted for the M3? Private party sale?

ff
02-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Admit it, TD, you're a little excited for the car to arrive now? :D We've all been there. Checking the owner's circle every few hours to see if the status has changed, even though we all know how out-of-date the info is. It's fun, and makes taking delivery all that much more fun.

TD
02-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Did you get what you wanted for the M3? Private party sale?
It's a private party sale. And it appears to be going to a good home.

TD
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Admit it, TD, you're a little excited for the car to arrive now? :D We've all been there. Checking the owner's circle every few hours to see if the status has changed, even though we all know how out-of-date the info is. It's fun, and makes taking delivery all that much more fun.
Owner's Circle and even the 800 # are behind as both claim it's still in production.

But, yes, I have already checked the WW site and am trying to guess which ship it'll end up one. The Boheme leaves on Thursday. I think that's probably best case. Getting to port before Thursday is unlikely.

Optimus Prime
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Owner's Circle and even the 800 # are behind as both claim it's still in production.

But, yes, I have already checked the WW site and am trying to guess which ship it'll end up one. The Boheme leaves on Thursday. I think that's probably best case. Getting to port before Thursday is unlikely.

If mine was scheduled right before yours, than it may be here pretty quick. :eeps:

I really, really need to sell the Mazda 6 right now. :willy:

TD
02-27-2006, 02:44 PM
If mine was scheduled right before yours, than it may be here pretty quick. :eeps:

I really, really need to sell the Mazda 6 right now. :willy:
Did you see my question in the other thread? What are the last 3 digits of your VIN?

IndyMike
02-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Since the M3 is sold (even though I still have it), I haven't been driving it.
Just curious. Did the new owners ask for an independent inspection? And if so was anything discovered?

Optimus Prime
02-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Did you see my question in the other thread?
Nope didn't see it, which thread?
What are the last 3 digits of your VIN?

My CA says I'm still in status 150.

TD
02-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Nope didn't see it, which thread?

My CA says I'm still in status 150.
ROFL

Mine is 908.

3 cars apart coming down the line.

Optimus Prime
02-27-2006, 03:02 PM
ROFL

Mine is 908.

It's kind of cool, especially because it was a relatively spontaneous decision for both of us (considering the usual waffling required around here)

I'm going to assume they'll be coming over on the same boat, but you should get yours first because of your location.

TD
02-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Just curious. Did the new owners ask for an independent inspection? And if so was anything discovered?
Yes. And there were no real surprises.

I had disclosed it's penchant for attracting other vehicles, so that was not at issue.

It's in really great condition otherwise.

Plus, the buyer is a member here and at BFest. So my past posts about the car are all public knowledge.

Plaz
02-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Plus, the buyer is a member here and at BFest.

Mystery purchaser, reveal thyself!

IndyMike
02-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I had disclosed it's penchant for attracting other vehicles
:lol:

Plus, the buyer is a member here and at BFest.
;)

Of course that can be good and bad. I sold two cars to neighbors and acquaintances, and it kind of tore me up seeing them in other people's hands. I think I'd much rather ship them far away so that I never see or hear about them again. I know, it's silly feeling that away about an inanimate object.

Plaz
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Of course that can be good and bad. I sold two cars to neighbors and acquaintances, and it kind of tore me up seeing them in other people's hands. I think I'd much rather ship them far away so that I never see or hear about them again. I know, it's silly feeling that away about an inanimate object.

I'm the same way. :eeps:

TD
02-27-2006, 03:29 PM

;)

I'd rather it go to a good home - meaning someone who will appreciate it and drive it as it was meant to be driven.

And this way, if they decide to sell it in a few years, I figure I can have first dibs on it.

iateyourcheese
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Mystery purchaser, reveal thyself!

:bigpimp:

I've been on the prowl for a car like TD's since this thread.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116806

So thanks go out to Nick and Stuka for their suggestions in that thread.

TD
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I guess I wasn't really aware of your having an E46 330i.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the M3 became your daily driver.

The difference between the two cars is quite pronounced.

wdc330i
02-27-2006, 05:21 PM

;)

Oops. Just sold our little wagon to my father--who lives 3.5 miles away.

iateyourcheese
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I guess I wasn't really aware of your having an E46 330i.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the M3 became your daily driver.

The difference between the two cars is quite pronounced.

Well my daily driver is going to become my Trek mountain bike since I live ~ 2 miles from work and I'm out of shape. Plus I hate driving a car and parking it before it's warmed fully. So the M3 will be a weekend car and a bit of a garage queen.

The 330i will probably go away. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to replace a rather new car with an older one but I hardly drive it anyway.

TD
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Well my daily driver is going to become my Trek mountain bike since I live ~ 2 miles from work and I'm out of shape. Plus I hate driving a car and parking it before it's warmed fully. So the M3 will be a weekend car and a bit of a garage queen.

The 330i will probably go away. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to replace a rather new car with an older one but I hardly drive it anyway.
You do know that that M3 replaced my then-new 2001 330i.

iateyourcheese
02-27-2006, 05:47 PM
You do know that that M3 replaced my then-new 2001 330i.

:lol: Nice.

I let my wife talk me into the 330i being step. This move also corrects that mistake.

ff
02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
ROFL

Mine is 908.

Awww, isn't that cute... :p

IndyMike
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Mine is 908.
Since yours appears to be just about exactly one week early it might be a Friday car. :eeps:

If that is true I corrected your post.

cars coming apart down the line.

:D