PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Kawasaki W650 - Pristine, Collector Condition

equ
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Rare 2001 Kawasaki W650. Styled after the Triumph Bonneville, I ended up with this over the bonnie because it felt "better" to me. Totally subjective. Beautiful classic style tank with green and cream paint, real rubber fork gaiters and Smiths style gauges, alloy wheels, peashooter mufflers with awesome vibes and sound. Under seat storage, helmet lock, kick starter and center stand are standard.

6796 miles, never down, never used in bad weather, never stored outside, always owned by enthusiasts, everything works perfectly. Finish in perfect condition. Both keys, tools, owner's manual and recent service history.

Lightly modified for a lighter, slimmer, shorter, sportier look/feel without going to all out cafe racer:
- Short aluminum rear fender & black fiberglass front fender, shipped from w650shop.de in Germany
- Small lucas style rear tail light, shipped from w650shop.de in Germany
- Bikemaster Superbike handlebars: lower, flatter bars improve riding position but still retain comfort.
- Tall, round mirrors to retain stock visibility after switching to low bars, from w650 shop.de in Germany
- Dart flyscreen, light smoke. Shipped from Great Britain.
- Tank badges and passenger grab handles taken off.

All stock parts kept. This includes handlebar, taillight, tank badges and all the chrome: fenders, mirrors, grab handles. OEM rear fender is slightly cracked. Apparently, this is quite common on W's and is usually attributed to the fender mounted heavy rear taillight. Everything else in perfect condition. It would be very easy for the bike to go to 100% stock if the new owner would like to do that.

Maintenance: Very new Pirelli Sport Demons (2012). Front brake pads upgraded EBC HH with fresh fluid (2011). Recent Motul 15w/50 oil change. New battery in 2010. No leaks or any other issues, starts and runs at any temperature. No engine/carb/exhaust modifications, it sounds great and special as it is.

Sold

John V
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I always wanted to test ride one of these when they came out. Really cool bikes.

equ
05-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Wish I could keep it. Completely reliable and they've been going up in value.

equ
06-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Sold.