PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno tests new SLR

Doug
12-10-2003, 06:42 PM
http://www.topgear.com/servlet/tg?DEST=/content/jsp/individualRoadTest.jsp&EVENT=1010&MAKE=McLaren-Mercedes:C7&MODEL=SLR:XX&roadTestNumber=01.html

dan
12-10-2003, 06:52 PM
what an ugly, ugly car

far worse than anything put out by BMW in the last 4 years

The HACK
12-10-2003, 07:28 PM
what an ugly, ugly car

Dunno what you're smoking. The car looks good. Maybe not as good as the new 6 series, but I ceratinly wouldn't call it UGLY.

Plaz
12-10-2003, 07:29 PM
:lol:

Jay Leno is much funnier when he's blue. :D

"But paddle shifts are like putting your dick in a milking machine - it's more efficient but just not as much fun."

clyde
12-10-2003, 08:06 PM
:lol:

Jay Leno is much funnier when he's blue. :D

Not as funny as Hack was just above your comment. :D

TD
12-10-2003, 10:51 PM
what an ugly, ugly car

It's damn ugly. But I can't see how anyone would think that it's uglier than the Z4. At least it looks like the same car throughout.

SpaceMonk
12-10-2003, 10:58 PM
I also say it's ugly.

zach
12-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Another vote for ugly here.

Masskrug
12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
I vote hideous. I HATE the F1 nose-in-the-air look.

SpaceMonk
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Okay. Can I change my vote to hideous? :P

FC
12-11-2003, 01:36 PM

That car is a disgrace. After all that time and money.

It is just hideus. Disproportionate, akward, strange, and just flat out stupid-looking. It looks like something out of a bad batman movie.

...Actually... I know what it remiands me of.. the car from the ambigiously gay duo.

I know one of you will find the picture faster than I will. :D

Anyway... an SL55 AMG is far better looking.

Masskrug
12-11-2003, 02:19 PM

That car is a disgrace. After all that time and money.

It is just hideus. Disproportionate, akward, strange, and just flat out stupid-looking. It looks like something out of a bad batman movie.

...Actually... I know what it remiands me of.. the car from the ambigiously gay duo.

I know one of you will find the picture faster than I will. :D

Anyway... an SL55 AMG is far better looking.

And, factor in the price of the monstrosity. A cheap car, if ugly, can still be forgiven. It's unforgivable in a price-no-object flagship.

The HACK
12-11-2003, 04:24 PM
And, factor in the price of the monstrosity. A cheap car, if ugly, can still be forgiven. It's unforgivable in a price-no-object flagship.

You know people will buy it for the name tag and exclusivity alone.

My uncle wanted one really bad.

Pike
12-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Whew! After all the fugly comments, I'm sure glad I didn't post that I thought it looked kind of cool. :oops:

Whoops.

Nick M3
12-12-2003, 06:40 AM
I wonder if I can convince my Mom to order one in a few years. :eeps: :twisted:

Masskrug
12-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Whew! After all the fugly comments, I'm sure glad I didn't post that I thought it looked kind of cool. :oops:

Whoops.

Hey, it's okay! You're allowed to like it.

But you'd be wrong :smile:

Rob
12-12-2003, 01:21 PM
I like it. I like it sort of as an interesting example of what people with more money than they can spend will spend their money on. I like it in Jay Leno's driveway. Well, air conditioned garage probably, but you get the idea.

I wouldn't like it in my driveway. Come to think of it, I don't think I would like it in my neighbor's driveway, either.

But it's "interesting" looks are probably what they are trying for. It definately sets the car apart and it's unlikely that anyone who knows what it is will mistake it for anything else.