12-03-2003, 10:11 PM
You're the only one, TD

:smile:

TD
12-03-2003, 11:01 PM
You're the only one, TD

:smile:

Ah, not any more.

On this software, I can neither see who voted for what or change the vote totals.

I think I know who it was, but I can't be sure.

Plaz
12-03-2003, 11:34 PM
I think I know who it was, but I can't be sure.

Well, duh.

Contrarians, unite! (Umm...) :lol:

SpaceMonk
12-04-2003, 12:40 AM
I definitely voted Azteck.

I hated the Z4 when I first saw it, but it's honestly grown on me. I definitely don't care for the E65 or E60. I've seen two E60's on the road at night now, and the stupid eyebrows look even worse lit up.

FC
12-04-2003, 08:18 AM
I am not a fan of the Z4... at all. But the Azteck is just WAY too ugly to even have competition. I had to vote for the Azteck.

JST
12-04-2003, 08:30 AM

I hated the Z4 when I first saw it, but it's honestly grown on me.

There's a topical cream for that.

The Aztek is, objectively, a bit uglier. But it's a minivan. It's not supposed to be sexy. The Z4 is a sports car that's supposed to look sleek and clean. Instead, it looks disharmonious and cartoonish. In silver, with 18" wheels, it almost doesn't cause me to want to vomit. But in any other color, with any other wheels (especially that hideous Army Green) it's a strong substitute for epicac or castor oil.

The Z4 gets my vote for being an aesthetic perversion in a class where aesthetics really matter.

Not to turn this into another "where has BMW gone" rant, but I realized at the Performance Center after driving essentially the full range of BMWs that quite literally the only one that appeals to me enough to actually buy is the M3. I just don't have any desire to one any of the other ones, either because of size, style, or both. But I'm comfortable with that. I used to be a Ford guy. In the future, I will used to be a BMW guy, too.

FC
12-04-2003, 08:47 AM

The Aztek is, objectively, a bit uglier. But it's a minivan. It's not supposed to be sexy. The Z4 is a sports car that's supposed to look sleek and clean. Instead, it looks disharmonious and cartoonish. In silver, with 18" wheels, it almost doesn't cause me to want to vomit. But in any other color, with any other wheels (especially that hideous Army Green) it's a strong substitute for epicac or castor oil.

The Z4 gets my vote for being an aesthetic perversion in a class where aesthetics really matter.

Not to turn this into another "where has BMW gone" rant, but I realized at the Performance Center after driving essentially the full range of BMWs that quite literally the only one that appeals to me enough to actually buy is the M3. I just don't have any desire to one any of the other ones, either because of size, style, or both. But I'm comfortable with that. I used to be a Ford guy. In the future, I will used to be a BMW guy, too.

That is actually a GREAT point. Nonetheless, the question doesn't stipulate that, so I voted based on absolute ugliness. And the Azteck wins that one.

But given the market segment, the Z4 is far and away the ugliest car.

TD
12-04-2003, 09:58 AM

I'll probably remain a BMW guy for a while. As I predict having an E39 M5 sometime in the future (getting a 2003 model 3 or 4 years from now), I figure I'm covered by BMW until about 2012. By then, the replacements for these atrocities will be hitting the market.

If they don't right themselves by then, well, I have no qualms about being an ex-BMW guy either.

SpaceMonk
12-04-2003, 10:06 AM
I'll probably remain a BMW guy for a while. As I predict having an E39 M5 sometime in the future (getting a 2003 model 3 or 4 years from now), I figure I'm covered by BMW until about 2012. By then, the replacements for these atrocities will be hitting the market.

If they don't right themselves by then, well, I have no qualms about being an ex-BMW guy either.
Hmmm. Does that mean you'll try and retrofit MY 2000 E39 headlights to remove the angel eyes?

I'll probably stay a BMW guy for a while myself. I still have hope for the new M1/2. And eventually I'd like to get an E36 or E30 M3 for the track, but that's so far off it's not even worth mentioning.

JST
12-04-2003, 10:38 AM

I suspect that I will own a BMW product for some time. It may be a Mini. Or it may be something slightly older and more exotic. But it won't be one of the new ones.

My desire for the E39 M5 has cooled since driving one. I really do prefer the M3. But then again, I don't have small humans to cart around.

TD
12-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Hmmm. Does that mean you'll try and retrofit MY 2000 E39 headlights to remove the angel eyes?

LOL.

Funny, but this question had already occured to me. I'm not sure. I'd seriously think about it, though. I f*cking hate those angel eyes. They are just so damn cheesy.

Masskrug
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
The Z4's odd features are fixable.

The Aztek's, however, are not.

clyde
12-04-2003, 12:01 PM

LOL.

Funny, but this question had already occured to me. I'm not sure. I'd seriously think about it, though. I f*cking hate those angel eyes. They are just so damn cheesy.

At least you don't have to look at them when you're behind the wheel. And if it's the feel of the car that's important, who cares what it looks like.

(When I visualize my RX-8, I keep seeing a third gen RX-7 in my mind :?)

clyde
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM

The Asstek was fixed to a great degree in Buick's version. It still ain't pretty, but it's completely forgettable and doesn't draw your eyes unwillingly like the Pontiac train wreck.

Masskrug
12-04-2003, 12:08 PM

The Asstek was fixed to a great degree in Buick's version. It still ain't pretty, but it's completely forgettable and doesn't draw your eyes unwillingly like the Pontiac train wreck.

I dunno. The large bulbous Rendezvous ass is still very nasty IMHO.

Plaz
12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
(When I visualize my RX-8, I keep seeing a third gen RX-7 in my mind :?)

I love that design. Much better than the new one, IMO. Though I've warmed up to the new one since its intro.

clyde
12-04-2003, 01:10 PM
I love that design. Much better than the new one, IMO. Though I've warmed up to the new one since its intro.

I'm not sure that I've warmed up to it...but I bought one, so go figure. Just getting my party supplies ready for the day when TD buys an E60. :lol:

lemming
12-04-2003, 01:15 PM

I'm not sure that I've warmed up to it...but I bought one, so go figure. Just getting my party supplies ready for the day when TD buys an E60. :lol:

ain't gonna happen.

ever. no way. no how. even if you gave him one, he'd raffle it off to charity or something.

i'd donate mine, if i got one for free, to the IIHS for crash testing.

The HACK
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM

Dude, I'll take it. :thumbup:

rost12
12-04-2003, 10:01 PM

That's actually a pretty good idea :? And while we are at it, it's best to get that old "black faced" instrument cluster from pre 2001 M5s. Current ones are somewhat cheesy and their lighting is more orangy than the rest of the interior :/

Older headlights probably do not provide as much lighting, though... And neither of these two parts are produced any more :(

glaws
12-04-2003, 10:55 PM

That's actually a pretty good idea :? And while we are at it, it's best to get that old "black faced" instrument cluster from pre 2001 M5s. Current ones are somewhat cheesy and their lighting is more orangy than the rest of the interior :/

Older headlights probably do not provide as much lighting, though... And neither of these two parts are produced any more :(

The only thing I dont care for on my M3 is the white on gray instruments and the nite instrument lighting. Instead of proper BMW orange it has a pale yellow look.

lemming
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM

silly man, i wouldn't want to give you the free E60, i'd give you the mythical 6 series coupe that i'd win and puke at the sight of.

:lol:

Plaz
12-04-2003, 11:43 PM

silly man, i wouldn't want to give you the free E60, i'd give you the mythical 6 series coupe that i'd win and puke at the sight of.

Oh, man, you think this is ugly too? You guys are insane. This car is gorgeous!

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rr/images/04645_4.jpg

clyde
12-05-2003, 12:18 AM

I prefer the dead 8 series looks to the new 6, and I hate the old 8 more than TD hates the E65.

Plaz
12-05-2003, 12:22 AM
:?

:dunno:

clyde
12-05-2003, 12:35 AM

did I stutter?

dan
12-05-2003, 12:44 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:236m68gExfgC:velvetdonk.malism.com/issue6/judd.jpg

Plaz
12-05-2003, 12:50 AM

did I stutter?

No, it's just my not being able to understand how you guys feel that way. But you're entitled. There is no OneTrueView(tm), remember. :D

SpaceMonk
12-05-2003, 01:06 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:236m68gExfgC:velvetdonk.malism.com/issue6/judd.jpgOkay that quote I remember. :p

JST
12-05-2003, 08:35 AM

It looks like the styling model got all hot and the grille, headlights etc. started to slide off of it.

Seriously, why are all the detail elements mounted low? What's with the weird droopiness? Sports cars are supposed to inspire a feeling of forward motion, not downward motion. The E63 looks like a melting fudge brownie.

Compare with the relatively rare coupe version of the XK8:

http://www.mclmotorcars.com/Images/jaguar-xk8-001.jpg

Or Henrik Fisker's latest project, the DB9:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/images/7254-122000.jpg

See the difference?

To me, the E63 is a largely unpleasant car marred by some truly bad detail elements (rear overhang, grille, gas filler, trunk). I'd never buy one.

TD
12-05-2003, 10:53 AM

It's hideous. Awful. Gross. Fugly. Distorted. And plain wrong.

It's better than the E65, E60 or Z4. But that's not saying much.

I agree with Clyde. The old 8-series was MUCH better looking and I never really liked the old 8-series.

FC
12-05-2003, 10:57 AM

I agree with Clyde. The old 8-series was MUCH better looking and I never really liked the old 8-series.

I think I like the E60 more than that one. The headlights are just small and awkward. The butt is ridiculous, and the front is too busy and weird.

It's like the ugly offspring of the Z4 and E60. But then again, if people like those two, of course they will like this one.

E65, E60, Z4, X3, 6er... 0 for 5 for me. And the E90 doesn't seem promising.

TD
12-05-2003, 11:07 AM

I think I like the E60 more than that one. The headlights are just small and awkward. The butt is ridiculous, and the front is too busy and weird.

It's like the ugly offspring of the Z4 and E60. But then again, if people like those two, of course they will like this one.

I add the E46 and X5 facelifts to that list. 0 for 7.

FC
12-05-2003, 11:15 AM

True. Except, I think the E46 facelifted sedan looks good with the M-Tech kit (otherwise I wouldn't own one). The facelifted coupe gets a bit better with the M-tech kit, but the old one is still superior.

TD
12-05-2003, 11:19 AM

True. Except, I think the E46 facelifted sedan looks good with the M-Tech kit (otherwise I wouldn't own one). The facelifted coupe gets a bit better with the M-tech kit, but the old one is still superior.

We all know what I meant.

http://www.desimonebmw.com/images/03_325i_sedan.gif

dan
12-06-2003, 12:48 AM
http://www.germancarfans.com/photos/3030710.002/1102big.jpg

http://www.germancarfans.com/photos/3030710.002/1103big.jpg

http://www.germancarfans.com/photos/3030710.002/1105big.jpg

Plaz
12-06-2003, 01:16 AM
Beautiful.

Stunning.

Roadstergal
12-10-2003, 01:32 PM
It's better than the E65, E60 or Z4.

We finally agree on something! :)

The new 6 is just a diva; out of my league (size and pricewise), but stunning, lovely to look at, very classy.

Mr. The Edge
12-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Beautiful.

Stunning.

It looks even better in Alpine White ;)

edit: I didn't bump this thread; when I clicked "View New Posts", it claimed RGal made her comment today at 9:03 AM :?

TD
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
We're bumping 3 year old threads now?!

Mr. The Edge
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
We're bumping 3 year old threads now?!

Nope, look at my edit.

IndyMike
12-07-2006, 12:22 PM
It looks even better in Alpine White ;)

edit: I didn't bump this thread; when I clicked "View New Posts", it claimed RGal made her comment today at 9:03 AM :?:+1

I noticed the same thing, too. Although it might have been caused by me. :eeps:

I did a search on 'ugly' and came up with this thread. I then voted for the Z4and that must have put the thread back to the 'New Posts' category. Although I never actually replied to the thread. Is that kosher? :dunno:

John V
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I voted for the Z4. If the 6er had been on there, I would have voted for it.

Now, if the R-class AND 6er had been on there... Hmmm...

clyde
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
:+1

I noticed the same thing, too. Although it might have been caused by me. :eeps:

I did a search on 'ugly' and came up with this thread. I then voted for the Z4and that must have put the thread back to the 'New Posts' category. Although I never actually replied to the thread. Is that kosher? :dunno:

I don't know what causes it. It's something that happens occasionally (and not only with polls). VBulletin hasn't been much help in trying to track it down.

FWIW, I saw it earlier today on the new posts list with r'gal being the most recent poster (although it was probably listed as 12:03 EDT).

TD
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I voted for the Z4. If the 6er had been on there, I would have voted for it.

Now, if the R-class AND 6er had been on there... Hmmm...
I have no use for the R-class but it is still better looking (IMO) than either the Z4 or the 6er.

John V
12-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Really? Hm. The front end is worse than the sixer in my mind, but the R350 is worlds better in the back. The Z4..

Oh hell, they're all hideous.

operknockity
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
edit: I didn't bump this thread; when I clicked "View New Posts", it claimed RGal made her comment today at 9:03 AM :?
:+1

Plaz
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Someone voted, that's all.

dan
12-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Someone voted, that's all.

:ack: