PDA

View Full Version : Cats. Claws. Clearcoat. Crying.

Pike
11-26-2003, 02:57 AM
So we have a couple of neighborhood cats who love warm hoods to sleep on. Seems they enjoy basejumping off the hood with claws extended, leading to long 5-paw clawmarks down the clearcoat of my newly polished M3. That's from the night I accidentally forgot to put the car in the garage.

Now my roommate just picked up a shiny black WRX, and our garage is a single-car only. The cats are very pleased with a new car to torture.

Err, has anyone solved this kind of problem without resorting to euthanasia? I guess a car cover would work, but I thought that wasn't a great idea unless the car was clean prior to putting the cover on.

Nick M3
11-26-2003, 03:12 AM
I guess about the only thing you guys can do is have one of those clear plastic shield installed on your hoods.

I can't think of anything less that would deter cats. Sadly, use of pellet guns risks severe cosmetic damage to the cars, otherwise I'd suggest them as an alternate.

clyde
11-26-2003, 07:52 AM
I guess about the only thing you guys can do is have one of those clear plastic shield installed on your hoods.

I can't think of anything less that would deter cats. Sadly, use of pellet guns risks severe cosmetic damage to the cars, otherwise I'd suggest them as an alternate.

So sayeth the flying squirrelman.

bren
11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Get a dog. Seriously, any time a cat even comes near our house my dog goes nuts and scares them away. Otherwise I would hunt them down and return their carcasses to the owners. I can't stand people who let their pets roam the neighborhood
samurai:

Roadstergal
01-13-2004, 02:34 AM
One that I heard on the RF board was to put packing tape, sticky side up, on the car. Cat jumps on, gets tangled, learns fast.

Or get a car cover.

A friend of mine had a neighborhood cat puke on his black Miata when he stayed at his girl's place overnight. Etched the paint.