PDA

View Full Version : H-Stock E36 M3 vs. 350Z

The HACK
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Discuss.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/events/2005/header2head/post/default.asp

dan
09-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Discuss.

baby back ribs at Chili's?

Gross.

Rob
09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Do you really think the 350Z has a chance? Has Ricemus reached the level of prep that puts it in race car status? Wow. What kind of day is this at the track? Spectators allowed/welcome?

The HACK
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Do you really think the 350Z has a chance? Has Ricemus reached the level of prep that puts it in race car status? Wow. What kind of day is this at the track? Spectators allowed/welcome?

Actually neither. On paper, the cars are comparable. However, since I know Scott's racer like the back of my hand, I know I'm going to get my @ss handed to me.

I'm doing this more as a "fun project", where I get a gauge of where Ricemus is and where Ricemus need to go. That, and it'll get good exposure and force some of our sponsors to pony up parts to make the car competitive for the next round.

Spectators are welcome.

The HACK
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
baby back ribs at Chili's?

Gross.

Scott was paying and I didn't feel like going across the street to a fancy restaurant.

That and I'm not a picky eater.

lemming
09-15-2005, 09:29 PM
it's still surprising to me that the 350z would be at such a disadvantage here. i know it weighs more.....but i (naively) think of it as at least the equal to the e36m3 and it should, by virtue of much more power underneath the curve, be faster.

it's also shocking how decrepit the OEM brakes are (even the 4pot track package brakes!). on your blog, you stated the first upgrade would be to upgrade the brake system but you do not mention the venting of the brakes as much --that seems to undermine your other points on this topic of brakes. do the new brake kits come with super ducting, too, then?

The HACK
09-16-2005, 01:06 AM
it's also shocking how decrepit the OEM brakes are (even the 4pot track package brakes!). on your blog, you stated the first upgrade would be to upgrade the brake system but you do not mention the venting of the brakes as much --that seems to undermine your other points on this topic of brakes. do the new brake kits come with super ducting, too, then?

No. I'm working on getting a set of ducts custom built. Eventually. In the time being, the big brakes would at least act as a larger heat sink and allow me the luxury to run a single half an hour session without brake fade.

Rob
09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
#@#@$(&$%(*@#^$(*@#$&

We just made plans to take the baby up to meet her northern California relatives starting on the fifth. I'm going to be gone. I would have loved to come up to watch this. Definately worth a vacation day.

The HACK
09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
#@#@$(&$%(*@#^$(*@#$&

We just made plans to take the baby up to meet her northern California relatives starting on the fifth. I'm going to be gone. I would have loved to come up to watch this. Definately worth a vacation day.

Sucks!

lemming
09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Sucks!

Go Hack!

i really hope you win out or finish dead even.

it's possible, right?

what's the budget to outsqueak the H-stock M3?

The HACK
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Go Hack!

i really hope you win out or finish dead even.

it's possible, right?

what's the budget to outsqueak the H-stock M3?

$0.00.

I haven't spent a single dime on Ricemus outside of gas, insurance, and some maintenance.

lemming
09-16-2005, 09:10 PM
is the H-stock prepared m3 going to be on r-compounds or street tires?

the problem is that putting r compounds on the z will impart higher limits of adhesion, but also put even more strain on the braking system.

The HACK
09-21-2005, 08:59 PM
is the H-stock prepared m3 going to be on r-compounds or street tires?

the problem is that putting r compounds on the z will impart higher limits of adhesion, but also put even more strain on the braking system.

After some wrangling, we decided that both cars will run on street tires for this shoot out, which should be a big plus on my side. I can run very aggressive track pads and basically chew through this set of rotors and we'd be even on brakes.

rumatt
09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
The RX8 PWN3D the 350Z in Topeka, if that's relevant.

OK, probably not. :eeps:

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Ha...didn't know you post this here. An update perhaps?

operknockity
10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Ha...didn't know you post this here. An update perhaps?
Scott's E36 M3 was a no-show due to mechanical difficulties, so the whole thing got called off :(

John V
10-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Scott's E36 M3 was a no-show due to mechanical difficulties, so the whole thing got called off :(

Typical E36. :rolleyes:

(Now that mine is sold, let the snobbery begin) :D

Mr Paddle.Shift
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM

Right...mechanical difficulties.:rolleyes:

I was hoping Dan would put a word out here.