It isn't? What is it then? :dunno:

Clearly, it's a crossover. :ack:

SCA
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Clearly, it's a crossover. :ack:

Hmm...all the same to me. :?

lemming
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
okay. this vehicle makes the x3 and x5 look like even greater propositions.

jpgurl
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
that is u-g-l-y.

Optimus Prime
08-23-2005, 10:49 AM
"Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack" -WaterboySomebody must've been bombed out of their gord to come up with that turd. Damn.

TD
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Not in a million years...

But I predict it will sell VERY well. It's obnoxious, in your face, and very bling-laden. The bling SUV crowd will eat it up.

Rob
08-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Not in a million years...

But I predict it will sell VERY well. It's obnoxious, in your face, and very bling-laden. The bling SUV crowd will eat it up.

Hmm. I doubt it. It's not big enough. Plus, it's an Audi.

lemming
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Hmm. I doubt it. It's not big enough. Plus, it's an Audi.

why don't audis sell well? is it the pricing?

i don't understand it. it's the perfect poseurmobile. they bought some heritage (through racing), have nice interiors and have really nice rides. generally speaking, they're usually a tad cheaper than BMWs and MBs. i must not know the yuppie mindset well enough to know why they don't sell in higher numbers. maybe 'Nando can shed some light on the matter. :lol:

i'll tell you a priori that i'd jump into an fx45 or SRX v8 waaaaaaaaaaay before i'd get any boring-egg (toureg), cayenne or q7. let's get real: they never go off road, so the 5000 pound chassis and low range is an incredible waste.

Rob
08-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Audi's are exceptionally conservative. At least they were before they got this horrible nose job. The bling crowd is not going to buy a conservative vehicle. They are going to buy a bling vehicle like an escalade. Price should be competetive between the two. It's really not the perfect posermobile either. It simply shouts "UGLY STATION WAGON WITH A BAD NOSE JOB COMING THROUGH." A real posermobile shouts "DECENT LOOKING GAS GUZZLING ODE TO EXTRAVAGANCE COMING THROUGH. GET OUT'A MY WAY 'FO I TAKE YO' BITCHES."

In short, they are too conservative to be bling or poser material. Or I could be completely wrong and the real reason they don't sell is b/c people still expect audis to go throught their garage doors at full throttle while in park and warming up unattended in the winter. :lol:

Oh and lemming, you and maybe 10 other people are the only people who buy cars that consider "racing heritage" before making a decision. The rest of us, including posers and bling buyers even ricers really couldn't care less. What Audi bought with its racing program is advertising, not heritage. Or, I could be wrong. :p

lemming
08-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Audi's are exceptionally conservative. At least they were before they got this horrible nose job. The bling crowd is not going to buy a conservative vehicle. They are going to buy a bling vehicle like an escalade. Price should be competetive between the two. It's really not the perfect posermobile either. It simply shouts "UGLY STATION WAGON WITH A BAD NOSE JOB COMING THROUGH." A real posermobile shouts "DECENT LOOKING GAS GUZZLING ODE TO EXTRAVAGANCE COMING THROUGH. GET OUT'A MY WAY 'FO I TAKE YO' BITCHES."

In short, they are too conservative to be bling or poser material. Or I could be completely wrong and the real reason they don't sell is b/c people still expect audis to go throught their garage doors at full throttle while in park and warming up unattended in the winter. :lol:

Oh and lemming, you and maybe 10 other people are the only people who buy cars that consider "racing heritage" before making a decision. The rest of us, including posers and bling buyers even ricers really couldn't care less. What Audi bought with its racing program is advertising, not heritage. Or, I could be wrong. :p

i only care about transfer of racing tech. for the SPORTS CAR. not for the commutah cahr. you guys make it sound like i'm a complete carmudgeon. i'm only super picky about the sportier car in the garage. the daily drivers it doesn't matter at all. they just have to be fast. that q7 looks so far from being fast......it looks like it would need 2 auxiliary electric motors for it to break 10 seconds to 60mph.

:)

jpgurl
08-24-2005, 10:47 AM
snip... [they] have nice interiors and have really nice rides. generally speaking, they're usually a tad cheaper than BMWs and MBs. i must not know the yuppie mindset well enough to know why they don't sell in higher numbers.

they don't sell well because no yuppie would be caught dead in an audi.

lemming
08-24-2005, 10:13 PM
audi market penetrance is (obviously) higher in New England. they sell well here (so do saabs).

in general, friends don't let friends buy VAG products. endorsing VAG products is a bad idea. it has completely pissed off one friend when i advised them to get a 1998 passat (it was a neat car then) and after years of warranty and now non-warranty issues......and 2 people at work who have had car problems....want to guess what they drive?

LOL.

i just don't want TD to buy a VAG product because i don't want to hear about it.

dan
08-24-2005, 10:20 PM
:speechle:

dan
09-13-2005, 10:50 AM
starts at $61,000! :eek:

Jason C
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
A real posermobile shouts "DECENT LOOKING GAS GUZZLING ODE TO EXTRAVAGANCE COMING THROUGH. GET OUT'A MY WAY 'FO I TAKE YO' BITCHES."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TD
09-13-2005, 11:47 AM
starts at $61,000! :eek:
What does?

dan
09-13-2005, 11:50 AM
the Audi Q7

JST
09-13-2005, 11:50 AM
What does?

Presumably the Q7.

dan
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
from an AP story:

...some new features, including a warning system that alerts the driver with tones and a noticeable jerk of the car if there is danger of a collision ahead.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lemming
09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
the Audi Q7

and the all new passat with the 3.6litre engine (which weighs some 3800 pounds) is $38,000.

i don't understand their pricing but it must matter a LOT to some people to have an audi over a VW to pay 61k for the q7 instead of buying the taurus-egg.

$61k makes the x5 4.8 look like a screaming bargain and it also makes the cayenne S look like filene's basement.