PDA

View Full Version : seating position and sports seats

ayn
11-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I've owned an E46 for almost more than 3 years and still cannot get my seat adjusted right... If I move my seat and steering wheel so that my wrists can touch the top of my steering wheel without my back leaving the seat and legs almost straight when clutch/brake/gas fully depressed, my elbows rub against the bucket seat when my hands are at the bottom half of the steering wheel (like when I'm making a turn)... this is anonying as I hurt my right shoulder half a year ago and it's still not fully recovered, so it hurts every time my right elbow bang against the seats when I make turns... :(

Am I the only one with this problem? How exactly should I adjust these E46 sport seats?

btw, what happened to TurnFast.com? I can't get to that site anymore...

--Andrew

ayn
11-18-2003, 04:39 PM
heh... i guess im the only one with this problem... :cry:

i'll check out how the other e46ers' do it in their cars this saturday at the austin bimmerfest meet... :)

doeboy
11-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Having trouble adjusting the E46 sport seats so you're comfortable seems to be a common problem people have.

For me, it's the seat height. I have it as far down as it will go and I still have to lean backward otherwise I don't fit if I have my helmet on. :( And when I lean back, the distance to the steering wheel increases... so if I scoot forward so I'm closer to the wheel, my long legs start to feel cramped. :(

bren
11-18-2003, 08:35 PM
I've owned an E46 for almost more than 3 years and still cannot get my seat adjusted right... If I move my seat and steering wheel so that my wrists can touch the top of my steering wheel without my back leaving the seat and legs almost straight when clutch/brake/gas fully depressed, my elbows rub against the bucket seat when my hands are at the bottom half of the steering wheel (like when I'm making a turn)... this is anonying as I hurt my right shoulder half a year ago and it's still not fully recovered, so it hurts every time my right elbow bang against the seats when I make turns... :(

Am I the only one with this problem? How exactly should I adjust these E46 sport seats?

I have the same problem...it is especially troubling during an autox. I just try to keep my elbows out a little more than I normally would. I have actually come to like it on long highway drives because I can keep both hands on the wheel and rest both elbows on the side bolsters.

clyde
11-19-2003, 12:15 AM
I have the same problem...it is especially troubling during an autox.

I don't have any issues in my wagon w/ sport seats. Seating position is as perfect as it's going to get without having a custom seat molded to the shape of my own ass. No problems for autocross and none for regular driving. The E46s don't fit me for helmeted driving at all though.

Rob
11-20-2003, 09:56 AM
I had that problem with the 330 during driving schools b/c of the helmet. I solved it for the schools by leaning the seat back further than I would have liked and telescoping the wheel towards me. I am average height though.

doeboy
11-20-2003, 03:12 PM
I had that problem with the 330 during driving schools b/c of the helmet. I solved it for the schools by leaning the seat back further than I would have liked and telescoping the wheel towards me. I am average height though.

I did the same thing... only problem is... the wheel doesn't telescope as far back as I need it to for that. :(