PDA

View Full Version : autox damage!

bren
11-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Ok, it didn't really happen at the autox, but on the way home I took a rock to the windshield :evil: :cry:

It made a chip about the size of a BB...it's that blurry speck just above the wiper arm (it is very difficult to take a picture of a windshield.)

http://home.comcast.net/~benger1/Glass_Chip_sm.jpg

Nick M3
11-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Eh.

Sorry to hear about that... I'm trying to work up the motivation to replace my windshield, after three rock impacts. :(

bren
11-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Kind of ironic given our discussion regarding my detailing habits. At least it didn't hit the paint :|

Mathew
11-16-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm on my third windshield. I've had plywood and tire debris hit me but, ironically, never a rock.

bren
11-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm on my third windshield. I've had plywood and tire debris hit me but, ironically, never a rock.
I usually avoid the highway as much as possible just for this reason...well that and it is far more fun to take back roads everywhere :smile:

Where did you have the glass replaced? Have you had any problems with leaking or damage to your headliner or trim?

Mathew
11-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Where did you have the glass replaced? Have you had any problems with leaking or damage to your headliner or trim?

I used an independent glass shop, recommended by the dealer and some of the better body shops. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. The guy told me to always have the seals replaced, he said reusing seals was the main cause of leaks.

Roadstergal
11-16-2003, 03:59 PM
I have three chunks about that size. None of them are on the driver's side, so I'm kinda ignoring them for now. :oops: