PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused...

The HACK
11-14-2003, 11:49 AM
This morning driving to work I went to look for the downshift paddle on the steering wheel to shift.

Then I realized I was in my blue Ci. :roll:

I've been rotating between my car, my folk's Maxima (while they're in Taiwan), my wife's red car, and her Z4 this week. I'm now throughly confused, yesterday I went to press down on the clutch pedal on the Z4 only to find it missing.

Oh, and heel-toein' the red 323Ci feels weird.

FC
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh, and heel-toein' the red 323Ci feels weird.

:lol:

doeboy
11-14-2003, 01:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ayn
11-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I got an automatic loaner while my car is getting the moonroof rattles fixed... I did the following:

- foot on the big ass brake pedals when i started the car, and i was surprised how firm the clutch was
- when I backed into my garage, I moved it into the sport mode and up to 1st, car moved forward and scared me a little
- when i shut off the ignition, the key didn't come out, and then I realized I was still in "R"... I usually leave car in gear when I park and I just turned off the car...

My girlfriend is driving the loaner right now, and she did all of the above as well... haha... :)

oh yeah, they flipped the +/- directions in the Step mode in 2002, so I get pretty confused when I drive it... coz I had a step 2001 330Ci before...

--Andrew

The HACK
11-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Well, one thing good did come out of all the car swapping.

I've been driving the Maxima a majority of the time, because we have a 2 car garage and now we have 4 cars in the driveway...The Max. gets parked behind my car so I usually take that to work. For a while before this, I was getting a bit annoyed at how "rough" my engine is and how the car isn't as smooth as it used to be (well, compared to the Z4).

Switched back to my car this morning and DAMN if that thing isn't as slick as butter compared to the Maxima. And I totally thought I'd be spoiled by the Z4's 3.0 liter engine...I'm not. The little 2.5 on the 323Ci pulled about as hard. One thing I have noticed, I shift at about 3,000rpm in the Z4, and shift at about 4,000 on the 323Ci and both car feels about the same at those points.

I can't believe I drove that Maxima for 10 days now. No wonder I'm all grumpy (that and the missus being out of town may have somethin' to do with it too).

Nick M3
11-14-2003, 04:48 PM
The other day I drove the E55... Unfortunately, I went through one of my manual withdrawal moments while approaching a parking space. One needs to push the clutch pedal down to keep the engine from stalling, after all.

Oh yeah, oops. Brake pedal. Right. :shock:

ayn
11-14-2003, 04:49 PM
the 2.5L engines are supposed to be smoother than the 3.0L, no?

I have a 325i SP PP Step loaner right now, and somehow I think the smaller engine runs smoother than my 330... could be purely psychological though...

ayn
11-14-2003, 04:50 PM
The other day I drove the E55... Unfortunately, I went through one of my manual withdrawal moments while approaching a parking space. One needs to push the clutch pedal down to keep the engine from stalling, after all.

have u ever posted pics and impression on the E55? I think that car looks really cool...

Nick M3
11-14-2003, 06:02 PM

have u ever posted pics and impression on the E55? I think that car looks really cool...

I want to drive it after it's broken in and then post more of a review.

That said, the low-down quickie is that it drives almost like a BMW.

The HACK
11-14-2003, 06:06 PM
the 2.5L engines are supposed to be smoother than the 3.0L, no?

I have a 325i SP PP Step loaner right now, and somehow I think the smaller engine runs smoother than my 330... could be purely psychological though...

No, but the 3.0 liter makes more exhaust noise, so it seems less smooth.

The 3.0 in the Z4 is SILKY smooth too.