PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Friday ramblings...

FC
07-15-2005, 09:00 AM
1) I saw a silver E90 330i two days in a row now... it looks worse than I thought. Granted, I saw it coming towards me, but in that view, I don't like it.

2) After driving the Saabaru for almost a week straight and then driving my 330i for the last couple of days, I realized...

- I am one spoiled bastard. I guess we all are. That car is simply awesome.

- I think I need to do a CDVectomy. The Saabaru, while absolutely brutal (slow) at droping its revs after depressing the clutch, still seems to engage more linearly.

- I think I understand TD's waffling issue. I can see purchasing a new car due to a distinct event (bigger family, totalled car, too old, lemon, even just losing that lovin' feeling', etc). But to replace a car that you like and is in good working order with another that will cost thousands of hard-earned dollars more, you better love that new car a lot more than the one you are ditching. Even if I could swing it, I would feel guilty to pony up an EXTRA 20-30K for a 987, M3, etc, given how good the 330i is... right now. Maybe that will change when the car is older (like 4 years from now :twisted:). But to do it now would be crazy, IMO.

- I love tilting bottom seat cushions with good thigh support. My 330i is tilted all the way up and feels great. The Saabaru is flat and bothers my back and legs in long trips.

ff
07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Sounds like that modified CDV is doing you about as much good as it did me :lol: It made a good paper weight on my desk for about a year.

FC
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Sounds like that modified CDV is doing you about as much good as it did me :lol: It made a good paper weight on my desk for about a year.

:lol: Yeah, I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Arockalypse
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
The Saabaru is flat and bothers my back and legs in long trips.

Agreed. I didn't like my Saabaru (Aero) seats either. They used the poorly bolstered, wider and softer Impreza RS/Outback seats in both the Linear AND the Aero. So I yanked 'em and put in a pair of 04 WRX seats.

So much better on my back.

JST
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
The Saabaru is flat and bothers my back and legs in long trips.

Agreed. I didn't like my Saabaru (Aero) seats either. They used the poorly bolstered, wider and softer Impreza RS/Outback seats in both the Linear AND the Aero. So I yanked 'em and put in a pair of 04 WRX seats.

So much better on my back.

I'm actually not such a fan of the WRX seats. They look good, but the non-adjustable headrest does an excellent job of constraining your view while not really providing much head support. Also, I find that the bolsters don't provide that much lateral support. I preferred the seats in my old GTI.

That said, they seem to do a decent job of avoiding the numb ass/back pain situation that many other seats provoke on a long road trip.

rumatt
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
That all sounds about right.

TD
07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
A salesman is currently helping me with my waffling by being quite unresponsive.

I'll be back to just wanting to keep my car if this keeps up.

ff
07-15-2005, 11:03 AM
A salesman is currently helping me with my waffling by being quite unresponsive.

I'll be back to just wanting to keep my car if this keeps up.

Just find another salesperson at the same dealer. Then if/when you buy a car, make sure the other guy knows that he lost out on a sale.

zach
07-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I've been thinking lately. I really want to like the e46 330i.

If I find a zhp without a sunroof, maybe I could mod the shit out of it and not notice the performance loss coming from an e36 m3.

Nah.

What I really want is one of these:

http://forums.carmudgeons.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=704

Nick M3
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM

If I find a zhp without a sunroof, maybe I could mod the shit out of it and not notice the performance loss coming from an e36 m3.

Nah.

That's pretty gay from this angle. :twisted:

FC
07-15-2005, 12:56 PM

Nah.

Copycat. :mad: :twisted: