PDA

View Full Version : My car stinks like Starbucks!

JetBlack330i
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I bought a half gallon Starbucks coffee ice cream from the supermarket.
During the transport, it must have rolled out of the plastic bag. I took the bags out of the trunk, and didn't notice it and completely forgot about it.
Until this morning.
When I opened the trunk, there it was: a half gallon of molten coffee ice cream. Unbelievable luck: it was laying there upside up, inside the plastic tray (the one covering the battery). Some of the ice cream leaked out, but it's all contained in that plastic tray. Most of the ice cream was still inside the paper container.
My car now smells like Starbucks. :P

Optimus Prime
07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
My condolences.

Roadstergal
07-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I used to smell like Starbuck's when I came home at night. :P But like roast coffee, not the ice cream.

My then-BF liked it...

You might rent a steam cleaner and do the trunk just in case. Milk products in carpet is bad, very bad!

hockeynut
07-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Beats a car that smells like farts :)

Roadstergal
07-06-2005, 04:46 PM
"'Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device.' Well, imagine that! My seat cushion! Just what I always wanted - to float around the North Atlantic for several days, clinging to a pillow full of beer farts!"

-GC

JetBlack330i
07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
You might rent a steam cleaner and do the trunk just in case. Milk products in carpet is bad, very bad!There's nothing to clean, other than the plastic tray, which I already washed. I looked closely. That's the lucky part I referred to.
However, it still smells like Starbucks, for some unknown reason. Not that I mind the smell (I bought the ice cream exactly because I like it). I'm just concerned that there's more than meet the eyes...

ZBB
07-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I miss that plastic tray from the trunk -- e39s don't have it. It was incredibly handy -- perfect size for a 12 pack or gallon of milk.

Roadstergal
07-06-2005, 05:26 PM
However, it still smells like Starbucks, for some unknown reason.

Ja, that's why I think you should steam-clean the carpet. Bits of ice cream could have flung out and landed in the carpet. It won't be enough to jump out at you, but it'd be enough to smell like Starbuck's now - and curdled milk later...

TD
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
The wife of a co-worker recently accidentally crushed a gallon container of milk in the tailgate of their brand new Acura SUV. The entire gallon sprayed all over the interior of the vehicle. Milk was coming out of the drain holes in the rear cargo section. It's been over 90 deg outside the majority of days since.

His car REEKS. He's spent ungodly sums at various detailers and he's now thinking he'll need to replace all of the carpeting, cleaning the area underneath before it gets repalced. Of course, that brings up worries of what'll happen to various wiring when the carpetless vehicle gets cleaned.

I see him giving up and taking a bath on it just to be rid of it. He can't ride in it without it making him stink. And the odds of it ever being stink-free are slim.

Oh, and all of us at the office are starting to get tired of hearing the latest in this saga. It was funny in a "sucks to be you" sense at first. Now it's gone on a bit too long. And it's still not resolved.

JetBlack330i
07-06-2005, 06:26 PM
The wife of a co-worker recently accidentally crushed a gallon container of milk in the tailgate of their brand new Acura SUV. The entire gallon sprayed all over the interior of the vehicle. Milk was coming out of the drain holes in the rear cargo section. It's been over 90 deg outside the majority of days since.

His car REEKS. He's spent ungodly sums at various detailers and he's now thinking he'll need to replace all of the carpeting, cleaning the area underneath before it gets repalced. Of course, that brings up worries of what'll happen to various wiring when the carpetless vehicle gets cleaned.

I see him giving up and taking a bath on it just to be rid of it. He can't ride in it without it making him stink. And the odds of it ever being stink-free are slim.

Oh, and all of us at the office are starting to get tired of hearing the latest in this saga. It was funny in a "sucks to be you" sense at first. Now it's gone on a bit too long. And it's still not resolved.Too funny. Just like the BO Seinfeld episode. He'll have a hard time trying to sell it and will even beg thieves to steal it. :lol: