expected to be large

http://sccaforums.com/forums/141379/ShowPost.aspx

rumatt
06-23-2005, 09:46 PM
EDIT: Assuming you can keep up with those E90's. :yikes:

John V
06-24-2005, 07:40 AM
EDIT: Assuming you can keep up with those E90's. :yikes:

I think the E90s are going to be at a SERIOUS advantage for Solo II competition compared to the E46 330.

They're so ugly, no courseworkers will be able to look at them long enough to determine if they've gone off course or hit a cone.

dan
06-24-2005, 08:15 AM
no wonder the RX-8 does so well.

But that doesn't explain why E36's don't.

John V
06-24-2005, 08:17 AM
no wonder the RX-8 does so well.

But that doesn't explain why E36's don't.

Yeah, and the Elise should be just dominating!

rumatt
06-24-2005, 08:41 AM
They're so ugly, no courseworkers will be able to look at them long enough to determine if they've gone off course or hit a cone.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Z4 is the definitive proof that this doesn't help.

JST
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
for next year...

BMW 330 with ZHP, all from BS to DS.
Comment: the goal of this move is to make
the older generation of the model competitive
with newer one (E90 3-Series). The
difference between the 330ZHP (still no
limited slip diff) and the 330Ci is not
expected to be large

http://sccaforums.com/forums/141379/ShowPost.aspx

Weirdly, I was just thinking about this last night, and wondering at the awesome stupidity of classing the ZHP as a package in B stock, while the 6M package on the G35 (which includes basically everything the ZHP pack does, except with more power AND an LSD) stays in DS.

It's a good move. Unfortunately, if I want to run in Stock I have to find a set of 18" staggered wheels for my track rubber; not sure I'm going to do that. I might have a killer B or F stock car to run next year, anyway.

clyde
06-24-2005, 09:32 AM
It never should have been placed in BS to begin with, IMO. Still, it's not a done deal and we won't know for sure until after the post-Nats SEB meeting.

There are a lot of class change proposals this year that are sure to be controversial, such as moving the C4 and ZR-1 Vettes from AS to SS to "address concerns about declining participation in AS" which I read as "because a bunch of S2K owners wrote letters whining about how they no longer had a spec class in which to play."

A lot of cars from AS to FS such as: Audi S4 V8 (04+), BMW M5 ('00-'03), Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Camaro SS ('96+), Mercedes E55 AMG, Pontiac Firebird WS6.

Related to JST's note about the G35, the G35 Coupe has been proposed to move from BS to FS.

FS could start looking kind of interesting if these all happen.

Major, but probably unnotable changes have bene proposed for DS, GS and HS by moving some slower cars in class down to the next class where they will likely continue to be slow.

The Mod and Prepared classes have some big things afoot, but they're in a different world from us in many ways.

This isn't new since it has been out for a while now, but there is the proposed reclass of the rally cars in SP from ESP to BSP (again). This time, it's the C4 owners in an uproar (last time it was the rally car owners).

Moving the Porsche GT3 from SS to the stock exclusion list has been proposed to keep the option open in case it dominates. Along the same lines, a request to put 968 reclassing (BS->AS) was not recommended to be put out for member comment (I can think of someone that this will disappoint).

From the tech bulletin (which means these are not proposals, but decisions made):

The new Miata, Solstice and Sky have been classed in CS and the E90 and new Eclipse in DS.

The C6 Z06 has been added to the stock exclusion list due to "tire availability issues" but the SEB anticipates reclassing to SS for 2007 presumably when tires become available.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

rumatt
06-24-2005, 09:54 AM
It's a good move. Unfortunately, if I want to run in Stock I have to find a set of 18" staggered wheels for my track rubber; not sure I'm going to do that.

Why not? There are no good 17" tires for this car anyway (no 710's in 245/40/17). Run 710's on 18's and you're good to go.

My only option is to run Hoosiers on 7.5" wide 17" wheels. :rolleyes: Would you rather do that? :P

JST
06-24-2005, 10:30 AM
It's a good move. Unfortunately, if I want to run in Stock I have to find a set of 18" staggered wheels for my track rubber; not sure I'm going to do that.

Why not? There are no good 17" tires for this car anyway (no 710's in 245/40/17). Run 710's on 18's and you're good to go.

My only option is to run Hoosiers on 7.5" wide 17" wheels. :rolleyes: Would you rather do that? :P

Haven't bought any "real" R comps yet--does my car have enough camber to support those without cording them instantly? That was my concern (in addition to price and wear, which were my other big concerns). In part, I bought the 17s because I could use them with snow tires and the super-cheapo Dunlops, and that's been an OK move, but the Dunlops are a bit narrow for my car (225 section only).

If I do run this car next year, and if I do try and do that seriously, I will probably try and find a set of 18s. However, it's much more likely that I'll either a) not be running anything seriously, or b) be running something else entirely.