PDA

View Full Version : CTS-V vs R32

dan
06-15-2005, 01:46 AM
I forgot to mention...on my way to the Apple store there was an R32 racing a CTS-V on The President George Bush Turnpike. They were going well over 100. :speechle:

Sort of amusing...

bren
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
so, who won? :P

dan
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
they were mostly just playing I think. Not sure if they were together/knew each other or not.

nate
06-15-2005, 10:07 AM
That's stupid, racing on the highway...

Btw, I had to look at a map to find out where the Bush turnpike is :eeps:

dan
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
life wouldn't be nearly as easy without the ol' George Bush up there. :)

I believe it's eventually going to be a whole loop around Dallas, just like Houston started out with the smaller 610 loop, then got the Sam Houston Pkwy.

nate
06-15-2005, 10:25 AM
life wouldn't be nearly as easy without the ol' George Bush up there. :)

I believe it's eventually going to be a whole loop around Dallas, just like Houston started out with the smaller 610 loop, then got the Sam Houston Pkwy.

About time.

It is farily easy to travel North/South, but the highway system sucks going East/West.

Houston has 610, Beltway 8, Hwy 6, and Grand Parkway (99) that loop the city (ex. East)

It would be nice to turn Northwest highay into a limited access road. It is a fucking mess at 35 and a nightmare to get to DFW, aka hell.

nate
06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
I remember seeing on local Dallas TV a while ago about a proposed new toll road in Collin Co.

People that drove the route were very upset about the proposal. Then, they showed the current road. Stop and go for miles. Why not pay a dollar every day and avoid the congestion, you pay for the current road with taxes already. :rolleyes:

dan
06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
yeah, that's 121. It's to be avoided at all costs at this point. I've never seen much traffic at all on Bush, and you can go really fast.

Austin is the absolute worst when it comes to trying to go East-West :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

killerdeck
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Austin is the absolute worst when it comes to trying to go East-West :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mad: At least we dont have the worst drivers in Texas like you guys do according to the most recent poll! :twisted: ;)

hockeynut
06-15-2005, 12:00 PM

:mad: At least we dont have the worst drivers in Texas like you guys do according to the most recent poll! :twisted: ;)

Nice shootin' tex!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(and yes, going East<->West in Austin is akin to root canal...