PDA

View Full Version : So when is the 130i making its way to US shores?

ff
06-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I swore that I'd never buy another new BMW, but the 130i is one model that would attract my attention. Ignoring the somewhat odd looks of the car, the fact that it's "light"-ish, you can get it with the I6 + some wide/sticky rubber + a reasonably stiff suspension... sounds like a recipe for some fun.

Now that I'm used to a car with LSD and no traction/stability control, not sure I want to go back to the BMW granny system. But my arm could probably be twisted.

Anyone else?

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/automobiles/1series/sedan/img/introduction_front.jpg

lemming
06-14-2005, 11:09 PM
no.

i agree. as the 3 series gets bigger and heavier, its appeal as a sporty car diminishes more and more --the 1 series would appear to address this shortcoming in the BMW lineup.

clyde
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
130i is on my short list to consider if available when the next car purchase is in the offing.

FC
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
130i is on my short list to consider if available when the next car purchase is in the offing.

I honestly do not see me owning another BMW unless against all logic BMW decides to revert back to the days of less electro-nannies and more driver involvement. Even my 330i is too tame for me now. But it was fine at the time and I already own it, so I'll live with it.

When they offer a true sports coupe, I may look. Or a decent family wagon. Or a decent utility vehicle with actual utility to it.

zach
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
I honestly do not see me owning another BMW unless against all logic BMW decides to revert back to the days of less electro-nannies and more driver involvement. Even my 330i is too tame for me now. But it was fine at the time and I already own it, so I'll live with it.

You shouldn't have driven my car.

GregE_325
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM
I would like to have one in coupe form....with a stick and sport package only.
But we're looking at at least two years out for one to come to the U.S., right?
If I haven't already bought an E90 by the time the 1 series gets here, my next new BMW will be a 1 (or a 2, whatever they are going to call it).

-- Greg

FC
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM

I know. :eeps: :)

But as I have mentioned before, current P-cars, though modern, do provide the same or even more rawness and driver involvement as your M3. And they have decent torque and are refined enough to make for a great daily driver.

Still, my car is fine. It's still lots of fun, comfortable, etc. But I would not want to move any closer towards where BMW is headed for my daily driver.

SCA
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
'Supposedly' the 1-Series is only coming to the US in Coupe and Convertible form. Fine by me, I'll take a coupe. :thumbup:

ZBB
06-15-2005, 10:25 AM
'Supposedly' the 1-Series is only coming to the US in Coupe and Convertible form. Fine by me, I'll take a coupe. :thumbup:

Yep... For some reason BMW thinks we won't buy a hatchback. I guess they haven't noticed their own MINI sales and the success of the Mazda 3 (2/3 of the ones I see are 5-doors).

When I was in Italy last month, I saw a few 1s. I like it -- its quirky, but still looks like a BMW.

Rob
06-15-2005, 01:34 PM

:lol: I know that feeling. You should both stay away from the CTS-V (yes, I know it's too late for you, Zach).

zach
06-15-2005, 01:38 PM

:lol: I know that feeling. You should both stay away from the CTS-V (yes, I know it's too late for you, Zach).

:eeps:

SARAFIL
06-15-2005, 08:42 PM

Yep... For some reason BMW thinks we won't buy a hatchback.

Gee, I wonder where they got that idea....

Oh wait, I know... it's called 318ti. And, C230K.

:twisted: