PDA

View Full Version : I haven't figured out yet if this is annoying

Eugie Baange
11-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Or maybe I just haven't figured it out but, as far as I can tell, you cannot have airflow through the E46 vents without having the fan on.
Does this make sense to anybody?
I was riding to work in my wife's V40 this morning and she had a nice, gentle flow of heat coming through. Nofan, just fresh airflow.

Plaz
11-07-2003, 06:32 PM
I think you're right. But the lowest fan setting is pretty low. There are a lot of increments.

I like being able to shut off the system entirely, without having to shut off the individual vents.

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Try rolling down the windows and you should have more airflow without having to activate the fans.

Or maybe I just haven't figured it out but, as far as I can tell, you cannot have airflow through the E46 vents without having the fan on.
Does this make sense to anybody?
I was riding to work in my wife's V40 this morning and she had a nice, gentle flow of heat coming through. Nofan, just fresh airflow.

clyde
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Try rolling down the windows and you should have more airflow without having to activate the fans.

And plenty more noise too. I always thought that part of the point of using a vent with no fan was to have fresh air flowing without the noise of a fan or the outside world. :dunno:

Eugie Baange
11-10-2003, 01:51 PM
OK, mainly, I wanted to be sure that it was working as intended -- and it seems it does.

As I said, I don't how much it bothers me (if it bothers me at all).
Never even thought of it much until I rode in my wife's car.

Yeah, fan setting 1 (I have manual heating, not the deluxe automatic climate control) *is* pretty low and quiet. I guess I don't really notice it that much. But, then, the radio is almost always on in my car.

I *do* like that center wheel, though; the one that mixes the ratio of cool air to warm. Genius.