PDA

View Full Version : Hey blee! 220 wheel horsepower for you...

Jason C
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Of all the times to cut my salary, I choose now....life sucks. :)

Not to rub it in a little further, but...

http://www.focussport.com/supercharger.htm

I like how well thought out the powerworks kit is, having all hoses, clamps and harnesses included is a very nice (sometimes overlooked) touch.

Hell, at this point I should be able to DIY the entire job. :)

But what I really want to know is if the ECU got rid of the usual DBW downsides. :eeps:

EDIT: Did I mention that Powerworks is just the name of the aftermarket side of Cosworth Technology UK? Ain't that cool.

blee
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Ah, the Powerworks kit. Good stuff. :)

Hell, installing a S/C ain't so hard. It would take some time, but these guys have (hopefully) done all of the really hard work. The ECU tune is hopefully based on some of the tuning products that were released a few months back. It's said that they go a looong way to resolving some of the SVTF's drivability issues, but I haven't ordered one.

Jackson Racing has made a roots-style kit for the Zetec engine for a few years now; as a matter of fact, Ford Racing has it in their parts catalog. Their "ECU mod" amounts to a piggyback unit that supposedly plays with injector timing/pulse. Sounds a little sketchy to me, but all of the JRSC owners I've seen on the net are happy.