PDA

View Full Version : Trunk money on the M3??

Theo
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,

In your honest opinion do you think there will be an trunk money on the last of the M3's?

Can anyone remember if this was the case in 99 with the E36's.

I know I saw a loaded 330ci ZHP on the lot the other day for 48K!!! :eeps:

Who would pay that when there was just 7K worth of incentives on the sedans.

I am just woried they might do the same to the M3.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

bren
06-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't think the M3 has production numbers to necessitate trunk money....but who knows.

Theo
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't think the M3 has production numbers to necessitate trunk money....but who knows.

Thanks Bren.

I remember looking at 99's and I don't remember them doing any deals even up to the end.

JST
06-07-2005, 12:31 PM

My sense is the same--plus, given that they typically take a year off between production of M models, there's far less pressure to move the old ones in order to get rid of the new ones.

As M3 production winds down, I'm sure the deals will get better, but I doubt you'll see trunk money. What do I know, though?

ff
06-07-2005, 12:42 PM
$48K for a ZHP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That car is soooo not worth that much money.

zach
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM

It's not worth $38K, either, in my humble opinion.

The HACK
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
There wasn't trunk money in the E36 M3s, at least not in my region (Calif). Don't expect trunk money in the E46 M3s.

Theo
06-07-2005, 01:06 PM

That's what I thought. No dealer markup either, that was actual MSRP. :rolleyes:

Was a beautiful Mystic/Grey though. :bigpimp:

Well thanks for the thoughts. I just did not want to get in the situation of getting the car and then the trunk money shows up.

JST
06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
If you are light on the option, say, SMG and Xenon with IR, your M3 will come out a few grand more than 48K. I should know, I had one of those, and I actually helped my buddy got one just like it. He is only paying 800 bucks a month for 36 month lease with 15K/year allowance with 0 down.

Why on God's green earth would you want a ZHpeepee with its thundering 235HP and open diff? :rolleyes:

I was paying less than that for a two year 15K mile lease on my one year old loaded to the gills M3--sometimes buying used is the best way to go.

Other times, you take advantage of manufacturer largesse. My ZHP went for something like 6K under sticker, and I'm saving quite a bit v. the M3--again on a 2 year lease, nothing down, 15K/year.

I agree, though, that paying 48K for a ZHPCi is monstrously stupid.

Rob
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
If you are light on the option, say, SMG and Xenon with IR, your M3 will come out a few grand more than 48K. I should know, I had one of those, and I actually helped my buddy got one just like it. He is only paying 800 bucks a month for 36 month lease with 15K/year allowance with 0 down.

Why on God's green earth would you want a ZHpeepee with its thundering 235HP and open diff? :rolleyes:

Wow. Just think what kind of deal you could get without that idiotic and very expensive smg option. :twisted:

Theo
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM

Wow. Just think what kind of deal you could get without that idiotic and very expensive smg option. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

FC
06-07-2005, 02:15 PM

I agree, though, that paying 48K for a ZHPCi is monstrously stupid.

My ZHP at $36.5K 2 years ago with Euro delivery was a good deal to me(bought sight unseen with no test-drive). I'm not so sure I'd want to pay that much for one now. That is at 36.5K... at 48K, I say... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SARAFIL
06-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,

In your honest opinion do you think there will be an trunk money on the last of the M3's?

Can anyone remember if this was the case in 99 with the E36's.

I know I saw a loaded 330ci ZHP on the lot the other day for 48K!!! :eeps:

Who would pay that when there was just 7K worth of incentives on the sedans.

I am just woried they might do the same to the M3.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

There were $4200 in incentives on the 330i sedans, not $7000.

I don't expect any cash on the E46 coupes in the next few months, since BMW is instead focussing on strong lease programs for them.

I also don't expect any cash on the M3. That's the kind of car where they'll just stop building them if the inventory starts to build up, they won't let the lots get too crowded. They've actually trimmed production quite a bit in the past model year.