PDA

View Full Version : Added Euro M3 convex mirror last night

JST
11-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Very, very nice improvement. I can suddenly see damn near everything on the left side of the car. The whole thing appears to be wide angle, with an even more wide angle zone at the tip (set off by a line on the glass). That tip area is less useful than it could be, since when I have the mirror adjusted it mainly reflects the mirror housing. But the whole thing works great--highly recommended.

FWIW, the instructions on E46 Fanatics that just say to pull the old glass off (which is how it was in the E36, IIRC) are wrong. There is a retaining collar that must be rotated to the right before you do this; look under the glass for a tab that you stick a screwdriver into. Ended up breaking the original glass before figuring this out. :evil:

blee
11-06-2003, 10:05 AM
D'oh. Guess you'll have to pick up a new one before you return the car.

So is that line only on the driver's side mirror? Or do the Euro mirrors have that split on both sides?

JST
11-06-2003, 11:01 AM

So is that line only on the driver's side mirror? Or do the Euro mirrors have that split on both sides?

Not sure; I just bought the driver's side. I think, based on my experience in Europe, that the passenger mirrors are like ours but without the "objects are closer than they appear" legend.

I thought the same thing about when I return the car. Maybe they won't notice. :paranoid:

Alternately, maybe I can pick up a used glass from someone on Fanatics, assuming that they all didn't break theirs, too.

ZBB
11-06-2003, 11:56 AM

Not sure; I just bought the driver's side. I think, based on my experience in Europe, that the passenger mirrors are like ours but without the "objects are closer than they appear" legend.

I thought the same thing about when I return the car. Maybe they won't notice. :paranoid:

Alternately, maybe I can pick up a used glass from someone on Fanatics, assuming that they all didn't break theirs, too.

Euro mirrors are split on both sides... I think I need to order these for mine -- its one thing I really got used to when working in Europe...