PDA

View Full Version : Of all places...

blee
06-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Koons Ford of Sterling had a white-with-blue-stripes GT on the showroom floor.

:shock:

All recall issues aside, this is a fricking GORGEOUS car. There was a big "DO NOT TOUCH" sign hanging from the backlight, which obscured part of the view of the engine bay. Didn't matter too much -- I got an up-close look at the thing, anyway.

As I walked away in my slept-in T-shirt, bed hair, and intermittent wiper switch for my Focus, I could only think that this car has no domestic competition. The Z06 is a fierce competitor and it looks great, but it still is what it is -- a badass Corvette. The GT is a unique platform with a supercar price that looks the part, whereas the Z just looks like a Corvette. Someone with $200,000 to blow on a car isn't going like that very much.

FC
06-04-2005, 11:06 AM
It's a good thing they are pretty to look at, since most owners can't drive them due to all the issues they have. :P :twisted:

dan
06-04-2005, 12:05 PM
a guy on the elise board who has been in one an driven it said the build quality was total crap.

elbert
06-04-2005, 12:53 PM
a guy on the elise board who has been in one an driven it said the build quality was total crap.

I sat in one. The interior looked and felt like a kit car. Actually, worse than some kit cars out there.
I'm sure it's fast around the track, but so are a lot of other cars. And they all have capabilities I'll probably never be able to fully extract, even on a race course.

Roadstergal
06-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm sure it's fast around the track, but so are a lot of other cars

...that cost less.

elbert
06-04-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm sure it's fast around the track, but so are a lot of other cars

...that cost less

...with better interiors

lemming
06-04-2005, 04:07 PM
i used to be into the Ford GT.

but not anymore.

the other guys are right.

if i were spending my money tomorrow.....it's be an f430 or a 997 GT3.

those manufacturers know how to make things in small volumes and still make the parts correctly --something about racing technology or something.

you're right about the c6z06, also. it's a pet peeve of mine that it looks no different from the other c6's on the road. that is aggravating and i'm not sure if i still want to buy one because of that. it's the same reason (among several) why i couldn't buy the 996 --why would i buy something that looks too similar to the 986?

the closer it gets to being pull-trigger time, the more it looks like a 997S or 997GT3 for me; similarly, if i were spending $175k tomorrow on a Ford GT....i wouldn't, of course.

FC
06-04-2005, 04:20 PM
i used to be into the Ford GT.

but not anymore.

the other guys are right.

if i were spending my money tomorrow.....it's be an f430 or a 997 GT3.

those manufacturers know how to make things in small volumes and still make the parts correctly --something about racing technology or something.

you're right about the c6z06, also. it's a pet peeve of mine that it looks no different from the other c6's on the road. that is aggravating and i'm not sure if i still want to buy one because of that. it's the same reason (among several) why i couldn't buy the 996 --why would i buy something that looks too similar to the 986?

the closer it gets to being pull-trigger time, the more it looks like a 997S or 997GT3 for me; similarly, if i were spending $175k tomorrow on a Ford GT....i wouldn't, of course.

I personally like the looks of the 360 Stradale better than the F430. I actually still love the F355.

The only thing that bothers me about the non-dry sump P-cars is the amount of profit they make on them. It gets worse the higher up you go. I guess that is the premium you can charge when there is not enough competition.

If only they stuffed the 3.8L in the Cayman. But that will never happen.