PDA

View Full Version : For Sale '99 M3c - Immaculate

Josh (PA)
06-03-2005, 09:20 AM
EDITED TO ADD PICTURE WEBSITE, please take a look:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/csdesrosiers/bmw-m3-sale.htm

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=183686504

Yep, selling the M3c, it's a sad, sad day. We found out a couple of weeks ago that Wendy's pregnant with twins and is due in December.
I thought I'd put the convertible up for sale now when someone can enjoy it through the summer and fall.
Once it's sold I'll start looking for an e39 540 wagon.

The car:
Feb build 1999 M3c
83,790 miles
Cosmos Black with Light Grey Leather
One of the last examples of the only 5996 built by BMW.
VIN: WBSBK9338XEC43299
Asking $23,999 (based on edmunds TMV: $24,008)
Call (610) 491-8834 or email joshua_clapper@excite.com

Heated Seats, HK w/ CD changer, OBC, Dual Zone Climate Control, Keyless entry w/ alarm, etc.
Only mods are DJ-Auto (high quality ZKW copy) projector headlights and a forged aluminum front strut brace.

Very well maintained (5,000 mile oil changes, etc.) either at Otto's BMW dealership or at Bavarian Specialties (well respected BMWCCA mechanic).
No track time. Paint is in perfect shape, interior is very nice, with only wear on drivers seat bolsters, no signs of cracking etc.
All mechanicals and electronics work flawlessly.

Convertible top was replaced in 2001.
I plan on putting a fresh rear window in on June 13th when I have an appt at Bav Specialties to check everything else out (pre-sale inspection) and replace any necessary wear items.

Lot of pics available, I just need to get them set up in a webpage. I'll post it later this weekend

Thanks for looking.

rumatt
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Congrats on the twins! It's a HAPPY day. :P

Josh (PA)
06-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I thought about the "sad, sad day" thing after I wrote it. We're really excited for the twins - HAPPY DAY, but I'm going to miss the m3. If it was just one bun in the oven we'd probably keep the m3 for a while, but with two kids and two dogs, a wagon is a minimum requirement (we'll see how long I can stay out of a minivan)...

clyde
06-03-2005, 09:45 AM
congrats

Archer might have words of advice :eeps:

rumatt
06-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Like Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.... :)

KIDDING of course.

ff
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Indeed, a happy day! Congrat's, Josh.

blee
06-03-2005, 11:46 AM
TWINS!!! Congrats! Sorry about the M3, though.

ARCHER
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
congrats

First off, Josh - congratulations to you and Wendy. Twins are wonderful. They are EXTREMELY difficult the first 2 - 2.5 years, so be ready for it. While this is pretty much a universal truth with children, it is even greater with twins. The increased difficulty is not just doubled. It is exponential. You will understand what I mean the first time you are left alone to manage only one of them. Any time I am left with just one of the two, I feel like I am on vacation. It's difficult to explain but you will see what I mean soon enough. Ours will be three in late September and are getting easier and more fun by the day.

Funny. I bought my M3/4 as a solution to twins and have used it to haul kids only a handful of times. In fact, I have no reason not to be driving a roadster. The Discovery is our family hauler 99.9% of the time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any twins questions. Most likely, bed rest will be a factor in Wendy's pregnancy as it was with my wife - several months of it in fact. Also, be prepared to spend some "precautionary" time in the hospital as well. You're in for a wild and wonderful ride, my man!

Roadstergal
06-03-2005, 12:39 PM
The only thing I can add to the congratulations and the advice is that you only need this much of the URL:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=183686504

:banana: :thumbup:

Theo
06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Wow, double your pleasure. :)

Congrats on the twins! :line:

Josh (PA)
06-03-2005, 10:34 PM
congrats

First off, Josh - congratulations to you and Wendy. Twins are wonderful. They are EXTREMELY difficult the first 2 - 2.5 years, so be ready for it. While this is pretty much a universal truth with children, it is even greater with twins. The increased difficulty is not just doubled. It is exponential. You will understand what I mean the first time you are left alone to manage only one of them. Any time I am left with just one of the two, I feel like I am on vacation. It's difficult to explain but you will see what I mean soon enough. Ours will be three in late September and are getting easier and more fun by the day.

Funny. I bought my M3/4 as a solution to twins and have used it to haul kids only a handful of times. In fact, I have no reason not to be driving a roadster. The Discovery is our family hauler 99.9% of the time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any twins questions. Most likely, bed rest will be a factor in Wendy's pregnancy as it was with my wife - several months of it in fact. Also, be prepared to spend some "precautionary" time in the hospital as well. You're in for a wild and wonderful ride, my man!

Thanks to everyone for all their well wishes.

Archer, you paint a pretty scary picture, but its nice to hear the reality of what is ahead. I'm trying to prepare myself for 2 years of hell followed by many years of fun. On the bright side they are fraternal, so there's a chance for a boy and girl, at which point we'd definitely be done. Having all kids out of college before I'm 55 would be nice.

The additional baby to be has already started effecting our life. Wendy was planning on working with one, but that is not feasible with two. We're re-choosing where the babies' room will be since they'll need more space, putting off some home remodeling expenses, etc. Luckily I work for Graco, so we won't need to buy two carseats, strollers, swings, etc. I showed Wendy your post and she was wondering what you meant by 'precautionary time' in the hospital. I'll keep you in mind if specific quesitons come up as we go.

Thanks again.

hockeynut
06-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Congratulations! Kids are a huge change to one's life (for the better). I had to drive a Subaru station wagon while my kids were little, so I feel your automotive pain.

As far as dealing with the little munchkins, I recommend lots of alcohol. It keeps the kids quiet and you might even save a sip or two for yourself :) :)

ARCHER
06-04-2005, 01:02 PM
congrats

Thanks to everyone for all their well wishes.

Archer, you paint a pretty scary picture, but its nice to hear the reality of what is ahead. I'm trying to prepare myself for 2 years of hell followed by many years of fun. On the bright side they are fraternal, so there's a chance for a boy and girl, at which point we'd definitely be done. Having all kids out of college before I'm 55 would be nice.

The additional baby to be has already started effecting our life. Wendy was planning on working with one, but that is not feasible with two. We're re-choosing where the babies' room will be since they'll need more space, putting off some home remodeling expenses, etc. Luckily I work for Graco, so we won't need to buy two carseats, strollers, swings, etc. I showed Wendy your post and she was wondering what you meant by 'precautionary time' in the hospital. I'll keep you in mind if specific quesitons come up as we go.

Thanks again.

Cool! We ended up with a boy and a girl and are calling it good - done deal.

The female body is not designed to carry multiples and as you are quickly becoming aware, it bumps you into the high-risk pregnancy group. My wife is petit so it was even harder for her to carry to full term. At 24 weeks, she started having contractions and was put in the hospital for a week-long regimen of magnesium sulfate or, "the mag" to those familiar with it. The mag is nasty stuff but it kept the babies from coming.

She had been on moderate bed rest up to that point but afterward, was put on strict bed rest. She was only allowed to get up to visit the restroom and then straight back to bed. She also had to wear a monitor and a device that delivered medication via a very small needle to keep contractions to a minimum. It was strapped to her leg and we affectionately called it her "sucker fish." She also had a nurse come in every other day to monitor her. It was a stressful time as my wife is most definitely not the bed rest type. She is very active and it drove her crazy.

At 32 weeks she was back in the hospital with increased contractions and cervical dilation. After five days, contractions had subsided and her cervix had closed back down. I decided to go home and get some rest that night and would be back in the morning to take her home. The phone was ringing at 4 a.m. and I knew exactly what was going on. I picked up and the nurse told me to hook it to the hospital - I was to be a father very soon. I jumped in the 330i and hauled major, hazard-light-blinking ass to the hospital.

When I arrived, I was tossed scrubs, ordered to HURRY and shoved into a changing room as my wife was already in the OR being prepped for an emergency C-section. It was crazy.

The babies were delivered moments later, screaming and at good weights for 32-weekers. My son was 5 lbs. and my daughter was 4.7 lbs. Off to the NICU while mom goes to recovery...

I was told they were doing very well and that they would be on ventilators for 24 hours to maintain lung inflation. I was then sent to wait, and wait, and wait - make phone calls, etc. Mom was finally wheeled in and we were off to see our babies.

When we arrived my daughter was already off of the ventilator and my son was being evaluated to be taken off as well. They were doing great! What a relief!

We spent three weeks in the NICU just learning to eat and trying to catch up to the full-termers. The NICU is an amazing place and honestly, a blessing in disguise. We learned so much about caring for infants in there that we were completely relaxed the day we took them home.

In short, it is kind of scary but also amazing. Just be prepared for a not-so-typical pregnancy, let the docs do their thing and enjoy it. Then again, Wendy may have no problems at all. That happens as well.

Regardless, congrats to you both. Twins are wonderful! If Wendy would like to speak with Tracy about it, let me know and I'll PM you with our home e-mail address. She would be more thatn happy to talk to her.

rumatt
06-04-2005, 01:57 PM
WOW. That's quite a story. Thanks for sharing.

ARCHER
06-04-2005, 02:25 PM
WOW. That's quite a story. Thanks for sharing.

Believe it or not, that was the abbreviated version. There was a lot more along the way but nothing out of the ordinary for twin pregnancy.

BTW, Josh. I was cut off from sex (with my wife) for more than six months!

kognito
06-04-2005, 02:26 PM

what he said!!

operknockity
06-04-2005, 03:35 PM

what he said!!
X2