PDA

View Full Version : Assume your current car was built by Pontiac...

TD
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Assume your current car was built by Pontiac but everything about it was EXACTLY as it is today (quality included) except it has Pontiac badges where the current badges are and was known by the general public to be a Pontiac model.

Would you have bought it?

kognito
06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
I would only vote yes for the Solstice, but it is not available yet

Roadstergal
06-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Pontiac doesn't make bikes.

bren
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Sure I'd still buy it.....just so long as it isn't a Ford :twisted:

clyde
06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
I would only vote yes for the Solstice, but it is not available yet

As others, I am keenly anticipating driving one...after that, who knows? Depends on the car.

Rob
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I might have bought a mustang if the dealer's weren't such schmucks. I still might by a solstice, sky or corvette. Come to think of it, I might be inclined the other direction if I let badges influence me - stay away from the BMW stigma and all that.

Having said that, I do expect a "better" car from the premium brands, based on experience.

blee
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm only human; I definitely have preconceptions about a car before I see one in person, based mainly on marque and other stupid things like that. But if I find myself attracted to a car, I'll always check it out -- regardless of who makes it. I've owned six cars from five different manufacturers (8 from 7 if you count my wife's), and I don't see myself settling on any one marque in the future.

nate
06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Sure.

The poll is flawed though. BMW has built its reputation because of the car, if Pontiac were building similar cars, their reputation would be similar as well...