PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy brake caliper?

zach
06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I had ordered a new rear brake caliper from Bimmerparts.com. They said 1-2 weeks because it was backordered. However, I called today and they now say they can't get it at all.

My first preference is a rebuilt unit for around $100 - $150. My last resort will be to buy a new part for about $360.

Any ideas?

FC
06-02-2005, 09:49 AM
I assumed you had no luck at ebay? Can you rebuild yours, or have it rebuilt?

I'm probably not helping much, but at least I am replying to your thread. :eeps: :)

TD
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
There are MANY online parts sources. Just order from somewhere else.

I can't remember off the top of my head where I ordered rotors from recently. But they carried a full line of BMW parts and their prices and service were excellent. Over the past year or so, I've ordered rotors and pads for our Saab from them, rotors and pads for my mom's Benz and misc parts (like wiper blades) for my M3. The stuff was always at my house withing two days and shipping was free.

I'll post when I either remember or can look it up.

kognito
06-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I would give Dave (Zeckhausen) a call. I bet if he doesn't have what you need, he can point you in the right direction.

He is a great guy, and the most knowledgeable person I have ever met when it comes to BMW brakes.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/

zach
06-03-2005, 07:44 AM
The independant shop near my parents' house found some rebuilt ones.

www.alphacars.com

I'm buying one for each side. As long as I'm ripping apart both sides, I might as well replace both of them.

Thanks for the suggestions!