PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to pay $78k for an A4?

Jason C
05-31-2005, 03:51 AM
Black out the chrome surround and paint the center "stripe" (where the license plate sits) body color and it's fixed. For someone who can pay whatever they'll surely ask for this car, those two fixes should be pretty cheap.

That said, I want one. As I can't afford a "plebian" S4, it's going to require me buying lots of lottery tickets.

http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102424

"The substitution of ultra-light RS buckets keeps weight down to 3850 pounds." Who are they kidding, keeps weight *down* to what? :lol: :rolleyes:

(But I shouldn't mock them yet, better to wait until weight specs are posted for the E91 M3)

Still a fat pig. A fast and no doubt capable fat pig. But a fat pig nonetheless.

lemming
05-31-2005, 06:53 AM
at least they fixed the power distribution.

it's 60% to the rears now. not sure if the the 60/40 (f/r) weight distribution is fixed, though.

i'm still sure that there will be plenty of takers for that car just because it is fast in a straight line and has awd. hardcore people will still buy the m3, but enthusiasts can still buy the rs4 and have a compelling argument.

John V
05-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Either Audi and Autoweek don't get it, or I don't get it.

They don't understand the "obsession" with steering feel? This line by itself is enough to make me never want to buy this car. Seeing the motor cantilevered out in front of the front axle seals the deal.

The hysterical part is they're lauding the M3's wonderful steering feel ( :lol: ). Look, if Audi is using the M3 as a steering feel benchmark and they STILL didn't hit it, that's just pathetic.

This thing is no longer an M3 competitor. It's a fat, overweight, ugly, ponderous slab of lead. Sounds like a perfect competitor for the E90 M5 :eeps: .

John V
05-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Closeup pic of the "six spoke wheel." :lol:

http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0530/audirs4_wheel.jpg

Mathew
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
I would buy it if it came with $100,000 in the trunk.

Jason C
05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I would buy it if it came with $100,000 in the trunk.

You only get that if you buy a GM SUV.

lemming
05-31-2005, 06:43 PM
the upside is that this car has a great engine --you really can't say that about the current S4.

let's be honest. the car shares an engine with the Toureg, the A6 and the A8. that's not really "special" as far as the audi demographic is concerned; it is for GM cars.......