PDA

View Full Version : Saab has an SUV now?

JetBlack330i
05-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I just saw the commercial on TV yesterday. :wow:
I guess I've been too busy, eh?
All we need now is a BMW truck, since Honda already has one. :rolleyes:

FC
05-24-2005, 01:14 PM
AFAIK, it is another Saabaru, based on the New Subaru SUV.

TD
05-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Nope. They launched a "mid-size" SUV which is nothing more than a gussied up Chevy.

FC
05-24-2005, 01:23 PM

Nope. They launched a "mid-size" SUV which is nothing more than a gussied up Chevy.

Probably worse then. :rolleyes: Edmunds, or wherever it was that I read this got it wrong then. Of course, the artcle may have been very old.

TD
05-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Probably worse then. :rolleyes: Edmunds, or wherever it was that I read this got it wrong then. Of course, the artcle may have been very old.

Of course, we might not be talking about the same thing.

I was referring to the 9-7.

EDIT- I went to Edmunds and read the blurb about the 9-6X, which is based on a Scooby (the B9 Tribeca).

The 9-7 is already on the SaabUSA.com site.

FC
05-24-2005, 01:43 PM

Of course, we might not be talking about the same thing.

I was referring to the 9-7.

EDIT- I went to Edmunds and read the blurb about the 9-6X, which is based on a Scooby (the B9 Tribeca).

The 9-7 is already on the SaabUSA.com site.

Ah, I see. ;)

kognito
05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
what gets me is that Saab is running these silly "maintain your identity" commercials here in the NYC area, and their two newest offerings are clones of Subaru's and Chevy's

Maybe they should maintain their identity by designing something new of their own!!

lemming
05-24-2005, 08:28 PM
it doesn't even have saab-specific engines.

it's really lame.

the least they could have done was lower the compression of the v8 and then slapping twin turbos on that sucker. then it'd be worthy.

ZBB
05-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Aparently its the best of GM's midsize SUV's... Interior is Saab-ified, including the key between the seats (unlike the Saaburu).

So what's the nickname of this one going to be? Saavy? GaaMC?

JetBlack330i
05-25-2005, 10:07 AM
How about Aaak!

nate
05-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Saw a commercial for them last night.

What a disgrace :rolleyes:

JST
05-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Aparently its the best of GM's midsize SUV's... Interior is Saab-ified, including the key between the seats (unlike the Saaburu).

So what's the nickname of this one going to be? Saavy? GaaMC?

Blaazer.

Braavada.