PDA

View Full Version : Photos from the 5/21 NCC Autocross from Team WTF?!

clyde
05-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Team WTF?! has posted photos of nearly every car on our website from this past Saturday's event.. There are a lot more photos of some than of some others, but what are you gonna do? :dunno:

The photos are split into sub-albums grouped by car #. If you were driving car 127, 227 or 327, open the "Car x27" gallery to find your photos inside. Just because your car isn't the highlighted one doesn't mean that your car isn't in there. It might, because we didn't quite get everyone, and if you can't find your car, we apologize. We probably either only got really, really blurry ones, or you fell through the cracks...not because we don't like you.

Some photos got a little tweaked in the automated Team WTF?! branding, if anyone wants a cleaner copy of a photo, just let us know.

We're going to try to get photos like this at each event in the future...

Hope you enjoy!

2005 NCC Event #1Photos (http://www.teamwtf.org/ncc0505)

rumatt
05-22-2005, 11:00 PM
There is no 2 second penalty if you don't want to wait.

GEEK. :rolleyes:

:twisted:

nate
05-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Was the course as crazy as NCC events of yore?

clyde
05-22-2005, 11:36 PM

not even close. NCC doesn't use the tiny lot any more where those nutso courses were held and there is a new course designer.

John V
05-23-2005, 07:12 AM

not even close. NCC doesn't use the tiny lot any more where those nutso courses were held and there is a new course designer.

Thanks for the pics, Clyde (or Alex, or Bren, whoever took them).

I really hope everyone liked the course. Not much can be done with that lot, but we wanted something fun but easy to follow since there are a lot of novices at the first few events of the year.

Really really looking forward to our Ripken events!

BahnBaum
05-23-2005, 08:39 AM

Thanks for the pics, Clyde (or Alex, or Bren, whoever took them).

I really hope everyone liked the course. Not much can be done with that lot, but we wanted something fun but easy to follow since there are a lot of novices at the first few events of the year.

I thought the course was fun to drive. I was in my slow car, so I wasn't building the kinds of speed you guys were, but I don't think there was a section of the course I didn't like.

Great job!

Alex

JST
05-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the pics. Those are pretty cool.

The course was great--the lot is constraining, and after the flat-out courses at FedEx I think anything would seem slow (especially when the car you're driving is down 100 hp from what you're used to), but it was a good mix of technical and not-so-technical elements.

After seeing that S52 E30 M3 run, I want one. I'm sorry Blair, but I really, really want one.

BahnBaum
05-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the pics. Those are pretty cool.

Did Clyde fix your peek-a-boo license plate number blocking device?

Alex

clyde
05-23-2005, 09:30 AM
No.

bren
05-23-2005, 09:33 AM

I liked the course...some slow technical stuff and a nice high speed burst to make sure the rev limiter still works :p

clyde
05-23-2005, 09:56 AM
make sure the rev limiter still works :p

Yeah, Todd told me that the CS has a mechanical limiter. I asked if it was the rod through the side of the block kind of limiter and he said, "yeah, the expensive kind."