PDA

View Full Version : X3 update: seems like they're acomin' in force?

lemming
11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
made one call to boston dealership and they seem to have about 12-15 coming?

is this possible?

they ain't all that cheap. :smile:

dan
11-04-2003, 02:17 PM

is this possible?

:?

they don't go on sale until January. Dealerships are supposed to be getting a demo or two in late November.

lemming
11-04-2003, 02:23 PM

is this possible?

they don't go on sale until January. Dealerships are supposed to be getting a demo or two in late November.

like their initial z4 allocation, herb chambers is getting a boatload. i'm just amazed at how quiet this "launch" is. this has got to be a decent vehicle as far as margins go, especially in the US.

ZHPhil
11-04-2003, 02:43 PM

They will be at the east coast dealerships for Thanksgiving weekend. No numbers on units as yet, but I will have more information on Friday.

ZHPhil
11-04-2003, 02:45 PM
i'm just amazed at how quiet this "launch" is. this has got to be a decent vehicle as far as margins go, especially in the US.
You aren't the only one surprised by the launch silence. I spoke with my GM and he said the last regional meeting he went to had a lot of discussion about how unpleased some are with the timing and approach that is being taken. Not only with the X3 but mention of the Z4 event as well :crazy:

lemming
11-04-2003, 02:49 PM
i'm just amazed at how quiet this "launch" is. this has got to be a decent vehicle as far as margins go, especially in the US.
You aren't the only one surprised by the launch silence. I spoke with my GM and he said the last regional meeting he went to had a lot of discussion about how unpleased some are with the timing and approach that is being taken. Not only with the X3 but mention of the Z4 event as well :crazy:

thanks for the heads up.

it's almost like they don't want advertising or something. and then, after the cars sit there at the dealerships without people knowing, then there is some ridiculous lag before advertising kicks in.

JST
11-04-2003, 07:06 PM

thanks for the heads up.

it's almost like they don't want advertising or something. and then, after the cars sit there at the dealerships without people knowing, then there is some ridiculous lag before advertising kicks in.

What's the general timing of such things? I can understand BMW wanting to delay the big ad push until the supplyline were sufficiently full, in order to prevent customers showing up at dealers, check in hand, only to find that the cars were weeks away.

SARAFIL
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
What's the general timing of such things? I can understand BMW wanting to delay the big ad push until the supplyline were sufficiently full, in order to prevent customers showing up at dealers, check in hand, only to find that the cars were weeks away.

The general plan up to now has been to send out a demo (or demos :dunno: ) to dealers the week of Thanksgiving. The vehicle will not be available for retail delivery until next year, though. Yet, I'm sure many people will try and work around this. For example, my dad wants to stop by the dealership and talk my GM in to selling him the first X3 we get in this month. :lol: Unfortunately, I think some dealers will give in at the sight of $$ (just like dealers that sold their first E46 M3s despite specific orders not to).

Now, I can't tell you how many we're going to get, because I have no clue. I can't see Herb Chambers getting a huge fleet of them if others are only getting one or two, though. I'll confirm the rumors though-- we've had clients tell us that HC promised them they'd be available for sale this month. :scratch: Since the car won't be available for sale yet, expect advertising to start once cars are in transit to the dealers, alerting the public to this fact and inviting them to visit dealers to learn more.

lemming
11-04-2003, 08:32 PM

The general plan up to now has been to send out a demo (or demos :dunno: ) to dealers the week of Thanksgiving. The vehicle will not be available for retail delivery until next year, though. Yet, I'm sure many people will try and work around this. For example, my dad wants to stop by the dealership and talk my GM in to selling him the first X3 we get in this month. :lol: Unfortunately, I think some dealers will give in at the sight of $$ (just like dealers that sold their first E46 M3s despite specific orders not to).

Now, I can't tell you how many we're going to get, because I have no clue. I can't see Herb Chambers getting a huge fleet of them if others are only getting one or two, though. I'll confirm the rumors though-- we've had clients tell us that HC promised them they'd be available for sale this month. :scratch: Since the car won't be available for sale yet, expect advertising to start once cars are in transit to the dealers, alerting the public to this fact and inviting them to visit dealers to learn more.

for the record: some of "us" would rather drive to rhode island and deal with non-slimy people than buy from el slickos down on commonwealth avenue.

:P

SARAFIL
11-04-2003, 09:36 PM
for the record: some of "us" would rather drive to rhode island and deal with non-slimy people than buy from el slickos down on commonwealth avenue.

:P

:cool:

SARAFIL
11-05-2003, 09:39 PM
pDz and others: An update from a BMW Dealer Bulletin--

Demonstrator Vehicles The first X3 will arrive sometime during the week of November 24th, just in time for the Thanksgiving weekend. It should be available for customer test-drives on Friday, November 28th. A second X3 will arrive approximately two weeks later. These first two X3 demonstrator vehicles cannot be sold. They will be used to build the order bank until the official retail date on February 6, 2004.

lemming
11-06-2003, 08:04 AM
pDz and others: An update from a BMW Dealer Bulletin--

Demonstrator Vehicles The first X3 will arrive sometime during the week of November 24th, just in time for the Thanksgiving weekend. It should be available for customer test-drives on Friday, November 28th. A second X3 will arrive approximately two weeks later. These first two X3 demonstrator vehicles cannot be sold. They will be used to build the order bank until the official retail date on February 6, 2004.

you might be too young to remember, but i think it's going to be like the cabbage patch kids all over again.

:lol: