PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for Toledo :eeps:

Nick M3
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
90% chance I'm going, so I figured I had better get my ass signed up.

The drive out Friday night ought to be fun. :eeps:

Brendan, you interested in co-driving? If so, we should talk.

rumatt
05-19-2005, 06:10 PM
awesome

bren
05-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Oooh...sounds fun.

Are you sure you want to get beat in your own car at such a large event? :kekeke:

Nick M3
05-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Oooh...sounds fun.

Are you sure you want to get beat in your own car at such a large event? :kekeke:

You'd have to actually beat me first. :)

BahnBaum
05-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Oooh...sounds fun.

You'd have to actually beat me first. :)

From what I gather, there's been quite a suspension mismatch so far this year.

:)

Alex

rumatt
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Alex, you know you want to go as well. Don't fight it.

BahnBaum
05-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Alex, you know you want to go as well. Don't fight it.

I can justify missing just about anything for autocross, but my son's high school graduation party? :dunno:

Alex

rumatt
05-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I can justify missing just about anything for autocross, but my son's high school graduation party? :dunno:

You must be a cool dad to get invited to their graduation party.

They realize you already graduated, right? :P

bren
05-19-2005, 08:34 PM
You must be a cool dad to get invited to their graduation party.

:lol:

Toledo here we come......

clyde
05-19-2005, 08:51 PM
This is cool

elbert
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM

It's only 8 hours, I do that to VIR at least a couple times a year

Cool, a carmudgeons get together :thumbup:
You guys should have some bets, make it really interesting :eeps:

rumatt
05-19-2005, 09:18 PM

I bet Andy beats me. :eeps:

rumatt
05-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Just booked a room in the Mariott Fairfield Inn Toledo Maumee, Friday and Saturday nights (6/10-11). Andy says it's 10 mins from the event.

He booked through Expedia for $75/night. I booked through the Mariott web site for $79/night but I can cancel for no fee up to the night before.

JST
05-19-2005, 10:48 PM

A shame.

I was looking forward to driving your car.

I guess I will have to see how a bone-stock 330 does in ASP. With all you guys gone, I should get 3rd out of 3.

rumatt
05-19-2005, 10:50 PM
JST, just come to Toledo. Problem solved.

Why ASP?

clyde
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Extended StayAmerica Toledo - Holland
6155 Trust Dr.
Holland, OH 43528
Telephone: (419) 861-1133
Fax: (419) 861-1144
toh@extendedstay.com
$70 a night, for a room w/ two twin beds.

:dunno:

clyde
05-19-2005, 11:01 PM

A shame.

I was looking forward to driving your car.

I guess I will have to see how a bone-stock 330 does in ASP. With all you guys gone, I should get 3rd out of 3.

1) you get to throw one event
2) talk to Ken

rumatt
05-19-2005, 11:04 PM

Anyone consider a room share? Snore-ers need not apply.

To make the most of the experience we should try to find a room with a single king size bed. :banana:

zach
05-19-2005, 11:05 PM

Anyone consider a room share? Snore-ers need not apply.

To make the most of the experience we should try to find a room with a single king size bed.

Nah, one twin bed would really make it a night to remember.

bren
05-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Extended StayAmerica Toledo - Holland
6155 Trust Dr.
Holland, OH 43528
Telephone: (419) 861-1133
Fax: (419) 861-1144
toh@extendedstay.com

Is this closer than the Mariott?

clyde
05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
7 miles for the extended stay

9 miles for the fairfield

rumatt
05-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Hmm. I can save $20, huh? That's almost worth the effort of switching reservations.

JST
05-19-2005, 11:49 PM
JST, just come to Toledo. Problem solved.

Why ASP?

That's what I've been running all season, and it won't be any less competitive in ASP than in DSP.

rumatt
05-19-2005, 11:51 PM
BS :dunno:

JST
05-20-2005, 08:28 AM

Well, clyde and John V will be gone, but somehow I don't think my car on street tires is going to be able to hang with the RX-8s on Hoosiers.

Whatever. I knew going in that I wasn't going to have a competitive setup for a car that I owned.

That comes next year, maybe.

clyde
05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Well, you can't run it in ASP anyway...

Talk to Ken

bren
05-20-2005, 09:09 AM
90% chance I'm going...
So when does this go to 100% :scratch:

Nick M3
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
90% chance I'm going...
So when does this go to 100% :scratch:

It's 100%. :p

Andy
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Here’s a map that shows where the event site is located (the red X) and the Mariott Fairfield Inn (the black X). I looked for the Extended StayAmerica and couldn’t find it’s location.

BahnBaum
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Well, clyde and John V will be gone, but somehow I don't think my car on street tires is going to be able to hang with the RX-8s on Hoosiers.

Whatever. I knew going in that I wasn't going to have a competitive setup for a car that I owned.

If getting it wasn't so inconvenient for you, you'd be more than welcome to use my car. It would be no problem at all.

Alex

Andy
05-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I agree, how about this…

The lowest finishing position (based on number of entries in your class… someone else can figure out the formula for that) after day 1 buys the first round of drinks at dinner Saturday night.

The lowest PAXer buys round two.

EDIT : elbert, buys round three!! ;)

:drink2:

clyde
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
The Extended Stay is north a couple miles.

I think we're going to stay at the Fairfield Inn too.

clyde
05-20-2005, 11:32 AM

If getting it wasn't so inconvenient for you, you'd be more than welcome to use my car. It would be no problem at all.

Alex

hmm...bren drives your car down to nick's and leaves it there for josh to pick up and return?

rumatt
05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
The lowest finishing position ... after day 1 buys the first round of drinks at dinner Saturday night.

What if they're the same person? I need to figure out how much cash to bring. :lol:

Can we grade on a curve somehow based on the number of national tour events we've attended? :eeps: I'm still trying to put together a prediction how close I'll be to your time Andy. I can't even come up with a guess.

BahnBaum
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
hmm...bren drives your car down to nick's and leaves it there for josh to pick up and return?

It would work for me. I won't be driving it that weekend.

I'll be getting down to the sounds of DJ Mitch Hemler and his Karaoke Kingdom at the Havre de Grace Ambulance Corps social hall.

Alex

rumatt
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll be getting down to the sounds of DJ Mitch Hemler and his Karaoke Kingdom at the Havre de Grace Ambulance Corps social hall.

:needpic:

JST
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM

It would work for me. I won't be driving it that weekend.

Alex

I appreciate the offer/thought, and clyde has the makings of a logistical genius. At the same time, it's OK. I'll be fine with my car--I'd hate to have something happen to Alex's while it was in my care.

elbert
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I agree, how about this…

The lowest finishing position (based on number of entries in your class… someone else can figure out the formula for that) after day 1 buys the first round of drinks at dinner Saturday night.

EDIT : elbert, buys round three!! ;)

:drink2:

HA! I'll buy the pre-race drinks :eeps:

How about lowest PAX the first round, and least improved time the next? Do a percentage, as opposed to actual time difference; coned runs or DNF's don't count.

rumatt
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
HA! I'll buy the pre-race drinks :eeps:

And what's your excuse for not participating?

Andy
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
...and least improved time the next? Do a percentage, as opposed to actual time difference; coned runs or DNF's don't count.
Least improved times? Those who have the most consistent times should be the ones who are rewarded. ;)

Another thought would be… Compare your time with your class leader’s time, the person who is furthest away from their class leader buys a around.

… of course at this rate, we may have to switch to rounds of Pepsi, otherwise non of us will be able to wake-up and run day two!! :eeps:

JST
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
...and least improved time the next? Do a percentage, as opposed to actual time difference; coned runs or DNF's don't count.
Least improved times? Those who have the most consistent times should be the ones who are rewarded. ;)

Another thought would be… Compare your time with your class leader’s time, the person who is furthest away from their class leader buys a around.

… of course at this rate, we may have to switch to rounds of Pepsi, otherwise non of us will be able to wake-up and run day two!! :eeps:

How about everyone has to buy a drink for the guy closest to his class leader's time on Sat.?

That should level the playing field for Sunday's runs. :eeps:

Andy
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
How about everyone has to buy a drink for the guy closest to his class leader's time on Sat.?

rumatt
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM

elbert
05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
And what's your excuse for not participating?

I'm not sure, but I might be going out of town that Friday. If I end up sticking around, I'll shoot up to Toledo for a little bit.

elbert
05-20-2005, 05:17 PM

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/yawn.gif :)
My thinking was to reward the guy pushing his luck without getting bitten in the ass. Controlled aggression is much more interesting than consistency! :eeps:

Andy
05-20-2005, 06:12 PM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/yawn.gif :)
My thinking was to reward the guy pushing his luck without getting bitten in the ass. Controlled aggression is much more interesting than consistency! :eeps:
What about those who are consistent at "controlled aggression"? :)

rumatt
05-20-2005, 07:01 PM
What about those who are consistent at "controlled aggression"? :)

They win.

If we want some entertaining and realistic wagers here (not necessarily talking about money, just pride), we need some handicap/odds. Odds of me beating Andy are low (but not impossible :twisted: ) An entertaining wager would be to pick a time difference (or percentage) and see if I can beat that. 0.5 seconds back? 1 second back? Unfortunately I don't have a freaking clue where I'll fall. I'm kinda scared to guess too. :speechle: :)

Andy
05-21-2005, 12:26 AM
If we want some entertaining and realistic wagers here (not necessarily talking about money, just pride), we need some handicap/odds. Odds of me beating Andy are low (but not impossible :twisted: ) An entertaining wager would be to pick a time difference (or percentage) and see if I can beat that. 0.5 seconds back? 1 second back? Unfortunately I don't have a freaking clue where I'll fall. I'm kinda scared to guess too. :speechle: :)
That sounds good to me. :thumbup:

Just to give you an idea of where to start at… at the divisional last weekend, I beat 2nd place by over 20 seconds. :? Seriously. :eeps:

clyde
05-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Just to give you an idea of where to start at… at the divisional last weekend, I beat 2nd place by over 20 seconds. :? Seriously. :eeps:

At the San Diego Tour I was 11 seconds off the class leader. And 14 seconds in front of Stuka. In Stuka's car.

rumatt
05-21-2005, 09:34 AM

Sounds good. If I'm within 20 seconds, you buy drinks for everyone. :twisted: :?

rumatt
05-21-2005, 09:56 AM
At the San Diego Tour I was 11 seconds off the class leader. And 14 seconds in front of Stuka. In Stuka's car.

My autox driving skills are somewhere between yours and Stuka's. But I'll be in a prepped car.

If I'm more than 2 seconds back from Andy after day 1, I'll be pretty disappointed.