PDA

View Full Version : 300C SRT-8 vs. STS :lol:

Jason C
05-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Skimmed this one over from CamaroZ28, it made for some serius mirth:

Unbelieveable.

Stack the Chrysler pseudo-sorta-well-not-really luxury car with the CTS-V if you must, but if folks don't get the difference between a Cadillac and a Chrysler then there is no helping them whatsoever.
It's not that I can't tell the difference, but I think you might be right when you say that I don't get the difference - as in, I don't get why I'd ever spend an extra $30K to buy a loaded STS over a 300C SRT8, when that difference would buy me a small hunting cabin on 20-40 acres in the U.P. When you start talking about getting nice wood and better panel fits, or building a nice pole barn, I think I know which one I'll pick.

It comes down to value, and frankly I don't see the value in a luxury car (or luxury SUV, for that matter). I drive to work in a 14-year-old Caprice, my wife's got a 4-year-old Accord, and so perhaps I'm not the person that's going to be most-receptive to your ideas of automotive snootiness despite the fact that we've got the household income to put much nicer machinery in the driveway.

Can I understand and respect the difference between a $40K car and a $70K car? My employeer's customers would tell you that I can, given the compliments that my co-workers and I have gotten for sweating the details. Does that mean that those details are worth a goddamn penny to me? Nope. $30K would buy me a lot of nice machine-shop tools that'll still be churning out custom parts for my projects well after your STS has depreciated into the sort of fancy used car that teenage boys use to pry open the legs of unsupecting girls.

:lol:

lemming
05-08-2005, 07:45 AM
dude has a point.

:P