PDA

View Full Version : Seattle-ites love their Bimmerz

Melissa
05-07-2005, 01:41 AM
:cry: I saw soooooooo many BMW's during my three weeks in Seattle. I miss mine. :cry:

Doug
05-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes we do.

TD
05-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I recall being struck by the sheer number of lust-worthy BMWs when I was up there as well.

I wonder why there are so many BMW enthusiasts up that way.

operknockity
05-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I recall being struck by the sheer number of lust-worthy BMWs when I was up there as well.

I wonder why there are so many BMW enthusiasts up that way.
They are all transplanted BMW enthusiasts from Los Angeles who wanted to get away from the gridlock :lol:

Roadstergal
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
For the old ones (2002s and the like) - no salt on the roads. They last longer.

For the current ones (e36 to present) - Microsoft peons and regular employees of Amazon, Starbuck's, and other reasonably well-to-do corporate types who want a badge that doesn't cost too much to maintain. BMW Bellevue is way above BMW Seattle in sales volume.

For the really expensive ones - Microsoft execs (I was told they have a Z8 owners' club; I wouldn't be surprised).

And a small core of enthusiasts, like anywhere else.

Melissa
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
BMW Bellevue is way above BMW Seattle in sales volume.

Is that the chic part of town? I did some shopping there one night and was particularly impressed by the selection of higher-end shops. I also recall that I saw the most, and most impressive, vehicles around there.

Roadstergal
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
I think Bellevueites get huffy when you call Bellevue part of Seattle. :lol: I just know my insurance rates in Bellevue have always been the lowest of any other place in the Puget Sound area in which I've lived.

Plaz
05-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Back here Belleview is the mental hospital.

Doug
05-11-2005, 04:19 PM
1) BMW Bellevue is way above BMW Seattle in sales volume.

2) And a small core of enthusiasts, like anywhere else.

1a) While true it's suprising since Bellevue marks up higher than Seattle. Shows money doesn't buy brains.

2a) 5th largest club in the nation isn't a "small core of enthusiasts"