PDA

View Full Version : Salazar event--nice time

JST
11-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Had a great time at the Salazar autocross today. The weather this weekend has been fantastic, and Woody Hair put together a nice course that was much faster (and more fun) than anything I'd driven at Rosecroft previously.

Did anyone catch what times that 04 Viper was turning?

clyde
11-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Had a great time at the Salazar autocross today. The weather this weekend has been fantastic, and Woody Hair put together a nice course that was much faster (and more fun) than anything I'd driven at Rosecroft previously.

How fast were you?

61.9 here :(

JST
11-03-2003, 08:30 AM

How fast were you?

You still beat me. 62.020.

clyde
11-03-2003, 08:47 AM

The last event we both did it was 56.2 v 58.1

I think that the answer is obvious.

You need to compete more often. :D

JST
11-03-2003, 09:55 AM

The last event we both did it was 56.2 v 58.1

I think that the answer is obvious.

You need to compete more often. :D

I do need to do that. The Saab event this weekend is out, unfortunately, as I'll be out of town, but I'm looking forward to the NCC event on the 15th.

Also, the last event we competed at together was a tighter course. This one really favored horsepower, so it's natural that the M3 would have an advantage and that the extra 150 hp would mask some of the difference in driver skill.

clyde
11-03-2003, 12:27 PM
I do need to do that. The Saab event this weekend is out, unfortunately, as I'll be out of town, but I'm looking forward to the NCC event on the 15th.

Also, the last event we competed at together was a tighter course. This one really favored horsepower, so it's natural that the M3 would have an advantage and that the extra 150 hp would mask some of the difference in driver skill.

Yeah that was a course made for lots more horsepower than I have. Talk about maximizing the room on that lot for straights. :evil:

JST
11-03-2003, 12:43 PM

Yeah that was a course made for lots more horsepower than I have. Talk about maximizing the room on that lot for straights. :evil:

Yet another reason to get a Z06. :D Have you thought about the possibility of adding a rumble seat?

I think you left before that new Viper ran. It was funny watching him run compared to the car gridded right after, which was that 85 Mustang GT convertible with the 345 series slicks all the way around. The Viper looked so tame compared to the Mustang, although more than a bit of that was down to the driving style of the two competitors.

clyde
11-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Yet another reason to get a Z06. :D Have you thought about the possibility of adding a rumble seat?

The Bloomington Gold purist in me shudders at the thought. :lol:

I think you left before that new Viper ran. It was funny watching him run compared to the car gridded right after, which was that 85 Mustang GT convertible with the 345 series slicks all the way around. The Viper looked so tame compared to the Mustang, although more than a bit of that was down to the driving style of the two competitors.

I've seen that Mustang run many times. It's always fun. The older Viper that ran before you got there was a lot of fun to watch too.