PDA

View Full Version : Well, I spent 2 hours with the E90

SCA
05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
today by myself! I went out of my way to find some decent roads to drive, some of them I drove 2-3 times at decent speeds. WOW! :thumbup: I am not a long winded writer, but from my limited use with the E90 330i, SP, 6 speed, I only have one complaint. If you do not buckle your seat belt with the first two minutes it beeps continuously until you do so. Would I buy one? You bet your ass I would...if only I had the money. :cry:

rumatt
05-02-2005, 11:39 PM
OK, so you don't need to be long winded, but you've got to give us more than that. :mad:

SCA
05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
OK, so you don't need to be long winded, but you've got to give us more than that. :mad:

Ok, I liked it more than I did my '01 330Ci. :lol:

Another note, I'm still not crazy about the front end of the car when it is viewed straight on. :eeps:

lemming
05-03-2005, 07:06 AM
well, at least you have a solid comparison, the 01 330.

please expand. :)

to what you already wrote: man, if i spent $45k (like the e90 330i should be), it would bother me to not like the front end of the car. think about it. it's like housing. there is so much choice (in most metro markets) and they cost so much, wouldn't you rather have the house you want to come home and look at?

it's a tad worrisome.

FC
05-03-2005, 08:25 AM

to what you already wrote: man, if i spent $45k (like the e90 330i should be), it would bother me to not like the front end of the car. think about it. it's like housing. there is so much choice (in most metro markets) and they cost so much, wouldn't you rather have the house you want to come home and look at?

it's a tad worrisome.

Exactly. I am tired of ranches on steroids with awkward additions that don't flow, yet realtors just say "hey it has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms!" and ask as much as for a nice colonial that had those specs from the beginning. Give me a brake. You can tell me a there is a mansion underground but if the entrance is a port-a-john, I am not buying it.

Anyhow... I am really hoping the E90 M3 magically and inexplicably looks a LOT better than the E90 sedan, but I expect to be dissapointed.

zach
05-03-2005, 08:28 AM

it's a tad worrisome.

Anyhow... I am really hoping the E90 M3 magically and inexplicably looks a LOT better than the E90 sedan, but I expect to be dissapointed.

I'm more concerned about the price of the e90 M3/4 vs. the Porsche 911. If the e90 M3 costs $70k, I think I'd probably drop the extra $10k and get the Porsche. Let's hope the BMW is closer to $60k.

Plaz
05-03-2005, 08:35 AM
You can tell me a there is a mansion underground but if the entrance is a port-a-john, I am not buying it.

:lol:

That would be pretty cool, actually. :lol:

FC
05-03-2005, 08:39 AM

it's a tad worrisome.

I'm more concerned about the price of the e90 M3/4 vs. the Porsche 911. If the e90 M3 costs $70k, I think I'd probably drop the extra $10k and get the Porsche. Let's hope the BMW is closer to $60k.

Well, if the E90 M3 is within 5K of the Cayman S, I'm taking the P-car. I was kinda hoping the M3 would start at around 50K.

With similar pricing, the M3 would have to A) destroy the Cayman S in straightline performance (very likely) and more importantly B) Handle as well as the Cayman. This is very unlikley as I don't see how the Cayman S weighs more than 2900lbs. We are assuming of course, that C) the styling of the M3 will be decent (a long shot IMO).

If all those conditions are not exactly met, I could still get the M3, but there better be a significant discount. That's all.

I wont be in the market for ~4 years, so I'll have time to see how this all pans out.

FC
05-03-2005, 08:42 AM
You can tell me a there is a mansion underground but if the entrance is a port-a-john, I am not buying it.

That would be pretty cool, actually. :lol:

:)

nate
05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
I wont be in the market for ~4 years, so I'll have time to see how this all pans out.

4 years :lol:

zach
05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
I was kinda hoping the M3 would start at around 50K.

clyde
05-03-2005, 09:15 AM

20% of the way through the 2004 Five Year Plan.

TD
05-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Don't make me reinstate "mbr's world"...

rumatt
05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
You guys are brutal. :lol:

FC
05-03-2005, 09:34 AM

20% of the way through the 2004 Five Year Plan.

See? I'm on track. :flipoff: Even after buying a house, etc. Good, solid plan, I tell you. :twisted:

Of course, no mini-mbr's yet, but hopefully I wasn't too far off on my calculations. :eeps:

lemming
05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
well, at least someone weighed in, though. and for this forum, it's pretty brave.

an 01 330 owner says he'd buy the e90 330 6speed given the right situation. something to ponder.

am not in a huge rush to drive the car, but curiosity is definitely piqued. was told the 05 (slightly facelifted and nicer interior) g35 6speeds aren't available yet.

so i guess my shopping will have to wait but i know for sure i will consider the e90 the benchmark and see how the a4 3.0, the c350 6speed and the G35 compare.

:eeps: