PDA

View Full Version : G6 GTP

Jason C
04-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Apparently Pontiac decided to update their site:

Some noteworthy changes are, of course the new 3.9-liter V6 with 240 horsepower and 241 lb-ft of torque mated to a 3.69 axle that will definitely boost the acceleration feel of the G6 (the GT has a 3.29). Also the electronic steering system has been replaced by a hydraulic system. They just can’t seem to get the electronic system to give the rewarding feedback that a performance vehicle needs, so we’re glad they corrected it. And you can get a six-speed manual on a GM sedan. Wonder of wonders! The base price is $25,735 and is pretty loaded. The other thing that Pontiac added with the price is the disclaimer “before incentives” which reminds people, good or bad, that they can get it cheaper. The GTP should be hitting showrooms this summer.

http://www.pontiac.com/g6/images/enlarge_image102.jpg

It's an interesting alternative to the Accord V6, mostly because Honda won't allow the 6-speed to be paired up with the 4-door. I wonder what they did the understeer in the regular G6.

Alas, still FWD.

("EPA mileage estimates 18/24 (city/highway mpg)" Same as Hemi 300C? :eeps: )

EDIT: Too bad I'm getting hints of "good enough." "Good enough" is not going to be good enough for GM.

blee
04-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh, shit.

Everyone's probably sick of hearing about my first new car, but I loved that Grand Prix GTP. Granted, it didn't match up very well to the M3 that replaced it, but it was still a fun and fast car. Now this one has a stick, as much power as my old GP from the factory, and a lighter chassis. And a not-that-bad price.

Hmm...

lemming
04-29-2005, 07:50 PM
FWD is still quite the demerit, IMHO.

i'd rather deal with an automatic with RWD than a FWD anything.

blee
04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes, I do miss RWD. A lot. But once again....four door 240hp 6speed sedan for $24k. Not much choice there if you then add RWD to the list.

lemming
04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
i could get a mustang GT for that money.

(eventually).