PDA

View Full Version : Test drove the Bentley continental GT today -

Alan
04-27-2005, 07:30 PM
So I test drove the bentley today since damn that car is beautiful ... I don't know the stats on it but the dealer said it has a 12 cylinder twin turbo engine with over 500 hp. 0-60 is supposed to be around 4.7

I was really surprised by how smooth this car was but at the same time it had drivers qualities which I totally did not expect. The turn in response was perfect ... albiet it wasn't RX8 quickness but it was rightthere with the BMW turn in repsonse

The power as incredible though slightly muted. After flooring it a few times i decided to really feel it from a stop so I pulled over on the side of the road ... waited for cars to pass and when it was clear, I floored it ... this car hit 80 in an incredibly fast amount of time. I have no idea how quick it was but in it's own muted way, it was damn fast !!!

The handling was very good and pretty shocking for a 5000+ lb car and the ride was extremely comfortable.
Everything on this car is adjustable ... from climate control for all 4 passengers (thats right 4 climate zones) to being able to set the suspension setting from cofort to sport with I think it was 4 different settings.

The car I drove was used with a whooping 700 miles and after I had floored it a couple of times I asked the salesman what the break in period was and he told me 1000 miles ... WOOOO .... I told him how could he let me drive this car in such a manor being it was so new and I wasn'tr cool with it being that this is a potential car to buy.

Anyway, it was a great car but beleive me, I can't see spending the $170k they wanted for it. I think it is a step above a BMW 645 but woo what a price difference.

To tell you the truth the Lambo Gallardo (is that the right spelling) they had which ws black on black I am fighting myself to stay away from ... my goodness that lambo is beautiful and for some reason the Ferrari Modena's they had didn't do quite the same to me as this lambo.

Anyway, it was a fun test drive and I am trying to stay reasonable with my car purchases and stay away from temptation or at least that is what I keep telling myself