PDA

View Full Version : On the topic of trains and driving...got GTO?

clyde
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Pics:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachment.php?&attachmentid=11492

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachment.php?&attachmentid=11493

Thread:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22153

bren
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
At least now GM won't have to worry about having an 8 month supply of these things sitting around on dealer lots. :twisted:

TD
04-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Ironically, I spent a bunch of time next to one at a light this morning and had a renewed interest in taking one for a test drive.

Regardless of what you think of the car, what a waste.

rumatt
04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
At least now GM won't have to worry about having an 8 month supply of these things sitting around on dealer lots. :twisted:

:lol:

JST
04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Ironically, I spent a bunch of time next to one at a light this morning and had a renewed interest in taking one for a test drive.

I really urge you to drive one. Hell, I want to drive a 6.0, just for the hell of it.

Alan
04-28-2005, 06:09 AM
A friend of mine got some crazy lease deal on a 2004 GTO, gm was giving back a lot of money oplus if you had a gm card they gave you double the dollars or something like that.

He is paying $98 a month for a 24 month lease (or smartbuy not sure) and nothing down.

I made him fax me the lease agreement so I could check it out since I couldn't beleive it and sure enough it was true

Less then $2400 for a GTO for 2 yrs ... pretty amazing. I tried to ge the same deal but I missed it by one day

Plaz
04-28-2005, 06:41 AM
A friend of mine got some crazy lease deal on a 2004 GTO, gm was giving back a lot of money oplus if you had a gm card they gave you double the dollars or something like that.

He is paying $98 a month for a 24 month lease (or smartbuy not sure) and nothing down.

I made him fax me the lease agreement so I could check it out since I couldn't beleive it and sure enough it was true

Less then $2400 for a GTO for 2 yrs ... pretty amazing. I tried to ge the same deal but I missed it by one day

That's crazy!

clyde
04-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Double and then some ($2k?) if I remember the letters they sent me were correct.

John V
04-28-2005, 10:27 AM

I really urge you to drive one. Hell, I want to drive a 6.0, just for the hell of it.
I did go and drive one. Last summer when I was in Pittsburgh for a foot race. The dealer had a bunch of 5.7L cars, 6-speeds and autos, on major major discount. I saw one that had 130 miles on it with a window sticker of $32k but was selling for $24k! Had to drive it.

Ugh. So, the clutch is super heavy. No biggie. I can get used to that.

The shifter is super heavy. Ugh. I can get used to that.

The steering is really numb but somehow, still heavy. Hm. They're losing me, here...

The BRAKES were terrible. I couldn't ever get used to them. Push, squish, no initial bite. Dunno if it was the pads, the booster, they needed bleeding... who knows. They were awful.

The interior was beautiful. Nicer than my BMW.

It didn't feel as fast as the numbers indicated, and I could tell it would be work to drive the thing. I didn't care for it. Way too heavy.

JV

Jason C
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
The BRAKES were terrible. I couldn't ever get used to them. Push, squish, no initial bite. Dunno if it was the pads, the booster, they needed bleeding... who knows. They were awful.

Now that he mentions it, I do find it a bit odd in retrospect how the brakes on an Acura TSX were about 10x as firm as the ones on the GTO.

John V
04-28-2005, 10:50 AM

Now that he mentions it, I do find it a bit odd in retrospect how the brakes on an Acura TSX were about 10x as firm as the ones on the GTO.

I read in one of the new car rags that GM addressed the problem for the 6.0L cars.

With 6.0L powering a 3800lb car, I'd sure hope so. :eeps:

ff
04-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't suppose that you could fit 3 car seats in the back of one? Jeeze, with those kinds of discounts, I could even be convinced to own a GM.

zach
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM

If it's possible to get this deal EVER again, I'll be driving a GTO.

JST
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM

I did go and drive one. Last summer when I was in Pittsburgh for a foot race. The dealer had a bunch of 5.7L cars, 6-speeds and autos, on major major discount. I saw one that had 130 miles on it with a window sticker of $32k but was selling for $24k! Had to drive it.

Ugh. So, the clutch is super heavy. No biggie. I can get used to that.

The shifter is super heavy. Ugh. I can get used to that.

The steering is really numb but somehow, still heavy. Hm. They're losing me, here...

The interior was beautiful. Nicer than my BMW.

It didn't feel as fast as the numbers indicated, and I could tell it would be work to drive the thing. I didn't care for it. Way too heavy.

JV

That mirrors my impressions, esp. re: the brakes. I think Clyde decided not to drive the car at the point where, when stepping on the brakes, I made a worried sound like "uh oh."

I also have read that the brakes are now better.

I bet the CTS-V brakes could be made to fit.

FC
04-28-2005, 11:33 AM

If it's possible to get this deal EVER again, I'll be driving a GTO.

Hell, just about anyone would.

John V
04-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Somehow I doubt that. The CTS-V has 6-lug wheels.

;)

JST
04-28-2005, 02:43 PM

;)

Who says you can't swap hubs?

But, uh, yeah. I forgot about that.

lemming
04-30-2005, 10:15 AM

;)

Who says you can't swap hubs?

But, uh, yeah. I forgot about that.

s'okay. you can just put the c6 z06 6pots on there sooner than later.