PDA

View Full Version : PBS Cartalk Ugliest Car Awards

Plaz
04-24-2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/uglycar/winners.html

clyde
04-24-2005, 10:50 AM
You cna have a career with a .300 batting average, right?

Plaz
04-24-2005, 10:57 AM
You cna have a career with a .300 batting average, right?

Let me guess... you only agree with Avalanche, Baja, and Aztek?

clyde
04-24-2005, 11:01 AM
You, my friend, would be set for life with a 1.000 average! :lol:

Plaz
04-24-2005, 11:10 AM
:lol:

What do I win?

operknockity
04-24-2005, 11:11 AM
:lol:

What do I win?
An Aztek :lol: :lol:

TD
04-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I like the Element and the Magnum. But the rest are all very worthy of being on that list, IMO.

I would have ranked the BMW as worse than a few of the others on that list.

And where's the Z4? There is no uglier car in production today than the Z4.

Roadstergal
04-24-2005, 01:50 PM
And where's the Z4? There is no uglier car in production today than the Z4.

http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/images/smilies/sleep1.gif

Rob
04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
These are the same idiots that want to prevent my car from being made b/c it's too powerful. Like I care about their stylistic opinions (opinions that are mostly wrong, btw - lol). I really don't understand how people can use the renovated picture of the Aztech for ugliest car ever. In that configuration, without the hideous cladding of the first version, it might not make the 10 ugliest list. It's the revulsion from the original version that make people so emotional about it.

Besides, I like the magnum.

Plaz
04-25-2005, 01:38 PM
I really don't understand how people can use the renovated picture of the Aztech for ugliest car ever. In that configuration, without the hideous cladding of the first version, it might not make the 10 ugliest list. It's the revulsion from the original version that make people so emotional about it.

Uhh, no.

TD
04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
These are the same idiots that want to prevent my car from being made b/c it's too powerful. Like I care about their stylistic opinions (opinions that are mostly wrong, btw - lol). I really don't understand how people can use the renovated picture of the Aztech for ugliest car ever. In that configuration, without the hideous cladding of the first version, it might not make the 10 ugliest list. It's the revulsion from the original version that make people so emotional about it.

Besides, I like the magnum.

I agree that the revised Aztek, while sstill pretty fugly, isn't Top 10 worthy. And I also like the Magnum.

Additionally, the PT Cruise, while exceptionally cheesy, isn't really fugly. Last I checked, lame does not necessarily equal ugly. It may be the lamest car, but it's not Top 10 ugly.

And, one more time, where's the Z4?

Rob
04-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I really don't understand how people can use the renovated picture of the Aztech for ugliest car ever. In that configuration, without the hideous cladding of the first version, it might not make the 10 ugliest list. It's the revulsion from the original version that make people so emotional about it.

Uhh, no.

So you don't think the original version is worse? Come on. I know you aren't crazy. :)

ZBB
04-25-2005, 01:59 PM

Ummm... its the 2005 Ugliest "Award", not an all-time review -- so they would have to use the renovated pic. :twisted:

FWIW, I really admire 3 of the designs on that list -- the Element, 300C and Magnum are all great designs.

The Aztech and Avelanche are by far the worst. The e60 is pretty damn ugly too (but only because they screwed up the details).

The other 4 aren't really bad but not necesarily great either. PT Cruiser is a good design, but just a cheasy concept (look who buys them...). The Baja is kind of awkward, but just the prior gen Legacy Outback with a bed. The H2 is 100% pure brand marketing -- and done well from that perspective. The Scion is just a Japanese bread box, but not necesarily ugly...

hockeynut
04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
The PT doesn't belong on that list. I would replace it with the Escalade just because the Caddy annoys me :D

Plaz
04-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Uhh, no.

So you don't think the original version is worse? Come on. I know you aren't crazy. :)

Oh, it was definitely worse with the cladding, but it's still worthy of being on the top of the fugly heap even without it.

Removing the cladding was akin to polishing a turd. It may be shinier, but it's still a turd, and a particularly odiferous one at that.

Rob
04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
ZBB and Plaz, I bow down to your superior reasoning abilities. You are both have great points. :lol:

But I don't think this Aztek is worthy when I know the better mo' better uglier aztek exists.

The HACK
04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
How can a web page THAT ugly claim to know anything wrt style? :dunno: