PDA

View Full Version : X3 not available with a manual?

Optimus Prime
04-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Just stopped by the local dealer and talked with a new salesgirl (very nice looking blonde with pants that looked like they were painted on) about the X3 and new 3 series. The X3 she showed me was an auto and I asked if they had any 6 speeds. She told me that they don't offer manual transmissions in the US, only Auto's. I thought that sounded funny, but I was having such a nice time checking out her...err the cars backend that I didn't feel like saying anything.

I check out the new BMW brochure when I get back into the office and sure enough it states that the X3 comes standard with a 6 speed.

What's the deal? :dunno:

lip277
04-19-2005, 01:43 PM
We could say you need a new sales person, but that wouldn't be much fun then - Would it? :)

TD
04-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Just stopped by the local dealer and talked with a new salesgirl (very nice looking blonde with pants that looked like they were painted on) about the X3 and new 3 series. The X3 she showed me was an auto and I asked if they had any 6 speeds. She told me that they don't offer manual transmissions in the US, only Auto's. I thought that sounded funny, but I was having such a nice time checking out her...err the cars backend that I didn't feel like saying anything.

I check out the new BMW brochure when I get back into the office and sure enough it states that the X3 comes standard with a 6 speed.

She was wrong.

Optimus Prime
04-19-2005, 01:55 PM
She was wrong.

Why is it that so many car-salespersons are blindingly ignorant about the products they are trying to sell?

Oh well. I'll give her a pass on this one. :)

Plaz
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
She was wrong.

Why is it that so many car-salespersons are blindingly ignorant about the products they are trying to sell?

Oh well. I'll give her a pass on this one. :)

Because most consumers are even more blindingly ignorant?

That, and with an ass like that, many would probably buy an umbrella in the Sahara from her? :eeps: :)

SARAFIL
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM

She was **almost** correct.

The X3 comes standard with a stick. However, try and find one! BMW has a hard time selling SAVs with sticks. Now that the automatic is free on the 3.0, that takes away the group of people that would buy the stick just in order to save a few bucks. It's just foolish to order them for stock.

So, you CAN get a stick on an X3, but it's EXTREMELY rare. How rare? Since the X3 first came out, I know of 3 that we've sold with a stick-- two of them were demos that BMW gave us (we didn't order them that way), and we had to give them away. Only one of the three was sold to a customer that actually requested it.