PDA

View Full Version : Just for completeness' sake

equ
03-19-2011, 08:30 PM
2002 Honda Civic Si hatchback, 2.0L, 5-speed manual.

Model code: ep3. Silverstone metallic, sunroof, alcantara/cloth sport seats and leather steering wheel with red stitching, original CD/radio.

Very clean, no modifications. Bridgestone Potenza tires in good condition, we also have a set of Hankook Icebear winter tires with good tread. We've owned this car since 2007. Miles are high (149k) as the driver drives 80 miles/day, mostly highway. 3 sets of keys, spare, tools, owner's manual and maintenance records. Minor dings, blemishes on the exterior, interior is close to perfect.

Asking $4500.

equ
03-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I say for completeness' sake as the likely buyer is on his way to us. I posted this as a sort of tribute to this cute, sweet, practical car (that is really quite fun to drive around town).

We are rather sad as this was one of our better used car purchases. In the 63k miles we had it, it stranded once, no other major failure, a couple of minor issues. But at 149k, equ's gf is ready to move on. She's not a crazy honda fangirl who's going to deal with stuff as it will be necessary going forward. Best to let someone who is really going to love the car take it up.

We haven't even nego'ed. If he ends up not buying, we may keep it for some time.

clyde
03-19-2011, 09:00 PM
http://forums.carmudgeons.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6303&d=1300580949Did not know that the manual tranny Civics had the shifter on the dash like more and more slushy cars/vans are doing.

equ
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
It's gone.

JST
03-19-2011, 11:26 PM
So what did you get?

equ
03-19-2011, 11:31 PM
$4k, I would have held out for $4.2, but gf is a softie.

JST
03-20-2011, 07:28 AM
No... What did you get instead?

equ
03-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Hah, sorry about that, my mind was still on the $200 we left on the table. In fact, they'd have paid asking, but gf has generosity and karma.

Nothing. We're really confused (to the point that I'm not bothering to go through in the perseverators forum). Come monday, the a4 will start piling mega miles, so we'll see how we feel about that. We could get a car for her (tdi/gti/mcs) or a car for me. I'm not sure if I want to continue the 3 car extravaganza or go down to 2.

On Friday I drove an e46 m3 (after many years). I really quite liked it. I still like the e46 interior and with a borla exhaust, sound was good and reasonable as well. This one wasn't right due to condition but it's a thought, but then it's kind of too close to the cayman in overall feel, at least when puttering around town.

Yesterday, I drove an e39 m5, for the first time. Did not get a chance to fully blast, but I liked that as well. Mellow and not beastly, I gingerly pulled it out and drove easy for a while expecting the beast to rise up and surge but it really was very controlled and smooth. It did feel dated though. We'll see, all options are open.

JST
03-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, the E39 M5 never struck me as particularly beastly. Fast and comfortable, sure, but not so beastly. Maybe it was different ten years ago when they first came out.